Chapter 37

Chapter 37

Chace crawls out of bed to go to the bathroom to check on Rylie when he hears the doorbell ringing.  He grabs his pants and puts them on to go downstairs to answer it.

Leland and Sander are at the door they have several clothing bags and breakfast.

"What's all this?"  Chace looks at the clothing bags they are bringing into the house.  They take them to the breakfast area laying them on the table.

"I stopped by your house and got you some more clothes.  I figured you would need them.  Rylie's townhouse has been cleared for her to go back to it but under the circumstances I'm guessing you don't want her there.  We went in and got a few things out of her closet.  Maybe there's a dress in here she can wear to the cocktail party tonight.  We don't really know we just thought.....  How is she?"  Leland asks.

"I'm not sure, she got another message from her sister.  She wants her to help her come in."  Chace tells them looking into the breakfast bag Leland set on the table. 

"Damn, she's got shitty timing.  We....ah.....checked in on her neighbor?"  Leland remarks.

"What did you find out?"  Chace takes a coffee out of one of the containers drinking it. 

"He wasn't there, he's got a dog and a telescope sitting in his living room.  We didn't break in or anything, we could see it through the window."  Sander quickly explains catching the warning look on Chace's face.  

"Don't let her worry about this we're going to get the bastard, the dog looks like he had enough food and water in his bowls just for the day, we might have just missed him.  We found out he paid one of the employee's off at the medical supply store.  We got his car description and tag number from the security gate cameras at your father's house.   We're checking into some other things he's done."  Sander further explains.

"He did all of this to come after Rylie....she was living next door to him, why now?  Did her moving away set him off?  Chace wonders.

"Chace, I don't think it mattered that she moved away, we found out he's been around Braxton Holdings maybe as early as yesterday.  He may have already knew where she worked."  Leland says.

Chace narrows his eyes in angry disbelief.  "Did you check with security, the cameras out front.....?  What about the parking garage, did he vandalized her car?" 

"We don't know for sure, we got security going back over the cameras again, we'll have something more to tell you by this evening."  Leland comments.

"Alright, she wants to go to the cocktail party tonight so we're going, I want that place surrounded, if he comes near the place, I want him."  Chace's jaw clenches, his brow is creased.  The anger in him is palpable.

"We got it covered, you going back to your father's house today?"  Sander asks.