Chapter 10-Trailer Included

Chapter 10

 (This chapter comes with a Warning)

Rylie tries to fix her clothes as she rushes down the hallway, she doesn’t have time to stop at a mirror and check her appearance she just hopes she looks alright.  She’s frustrated by the entire process, she didn’t apply for the position as his executive assistant anyway so she doesn’t understand why he’s the one doing the interview she told Marisol.   

Marisol explained to her it doesn’t matter which of the positions she applied for, Chace has final say over who gets any of them.     

She’s never been in his office suite before it’s nicer than she heard it was, full of sleek masculine furniture.   

A middle aged woman greets her with a smile.  Her name is Evelyn, she reminds Rylie a lot of her Aunt Katie.  They look similar in age and the woman is a sharp dresser just like her Aunt. 

“Rylie….”  Evelyn says to her after Rylie has been told to take a seat.  “Mr. Braxton is running late, he’s on a call.  He’ll be with you when he’s done.  I’ve got some errands to run so I’m leaving for the day my phone will light up red when he’s ready for you.”   

Rylie thanks her she's sitting down and waiting.  She’s waiting and sitting.  Evelyn left the office at ten after two, now it’ ten after four.  Rylie can’t believe this, he’s punishing her making her wait all this time.   

Fed up she stands up pressing her skirt down she walks past Evelyn’s desk to leave.  The red button signals just as she’s passing it.  “Oh great now he’s ready.”  She throws her hands up in the air in a fed up gesture.  His door swings open he’s standing there with a smirk on his face.  His jacket and tie is removed.  Maybe he was actually on the phone his shirt sleeves are rolled up. 

Ms. Cameron are you ready?”  He politely ask her.  Well if he’s going to be professional about this so is she but if he says one wrong word…..He stands off to the side of the open door gesturing for her to come. 

She walks in pass him taking a seat in a high backed chair across from his huge office desk.  He is a tall man, she supposes he needs it for his long legs. 

He walks to his desk passing her she fights the urge to stare idly at him wanting to drink in his features. 

He sits down at his desk managing some control.  He looks at her with an impassive mask.  She crosses one leg over the other trying to get comfortable.  Clasping her fidgeting hands together in front of her she rest them on top of her knee.  It gives him the opening he is looking for without her being cognizant of it. 

“Are you… uncomfortable Ms. Cameron?”  The way he says her name with a whispered intimacy makes her uncomfortable.  This whole interview somehow seems wrong. 

“Not at all Mr. Braxton I’m ready when you are.”  She responds rocking her leg back and forth in her nervousness drawing his eyes to it. 

He runs his fingers through his hair.  Her file is in front of him, he seems to be looking through it for something.  He pulls out a pair of glasses but instead of putting them on his face he puts the temple in his mouth holding onto it with his teeth. 

Oh god, her eyes automatically focus on his lips sucking on that damn piece of eye glassware. She can’t shift her gaze away from his mouth.   

“I need you to sign this release form.”  She hears his deep voice say, he takes the glasses out of his mouth putting them on his face shading those mesmerizing pupils of his.