Chapter 19-Trailer

Chapter 19

“Come home…I need you Jayson.”  Are the words Chace heard Rylie say as he carried her up the stairs? 

Sleep refused to come easily to him after that, he tossed and turned much through the night deciding to get up and work off some of his restlessness in his exercise room. Chace is doing T-bar rows when Leland appears at the door.  “Chace it’s time.”  He reminds him.  Chace puts away his exercise equipment then heads for the shower.   

Now dressed and ready to go it’s not yet daybreak he wants to see her one more time before they leave for the airport.  Quietly he enters her room she’s warmly wrapped under the covers.  Bending over her he tenderly kisses her lips, she stirs and smiles but doesn’t wake.  

Arriving at the airport Leland drops him off in the private VIP lounge while he checks on his private plane’s readiness.  After a few minutes Leland calls him to tell him the plane is ready.  Chace gets up to leave the lounge area passing a couple of airline stewardesses.   

“Chace….”   One of the stewardesses grabs his forearm getting his attention. 

“Jade….Hi, I was just headed to my plane.  I didn’t know you had a layover here.”  Chace is remembering their last date, it’s not the way he intended to leave things between them.

“I’ve actually had two layover’s here since we had our last…..dinner.  I haven’t heard from you so I thought whatever was distracting you is still a distraction.”  She comments. 

“Jade….we have an agreement no strings.”  Chace answers. 

“I know….there’s still no strings Chace it doesn’t mean I don’t miss you.  Can I just ask where you will be this week?”  Jade smiles coyly at him. 

“I’ve got business in New York but I don’t know that I’ll be able to……”  Jade steps closer stopping him from speaking further by kissing him passionately.  His response is tentative but her touch and lips are familiar garnering an automatic reaction.  His arms were at his sides when she approached him they are now wrapped loosely around her waist he seems unsure when the kiss ends. 

“Hey…..it’s alright.  If you’re in Manhattan for a few days maybe you’ll have some time for me we can do other things, I’m also a good listener.”  She uses her thumb to wipe her lipstick from his lips. 

“Jade….I don’t want to make any promises.”  Chace explains. 

“No strings remember…. just sex if that’s all you want, I’ll arrange to meet you at our favorite place.  Chace…..if you don’t show, until next time.  I can tell you now it’s been awhile so I will be disappointed not to see you—I’ve got to go.”  She kisses him on the cheek and squeezes his hand.  He nods understanding, she lets his hand go allowing him to depart from her watching him until he is out of her sight headed toward his private jet. 

Rylie wakes several hours later on Sunday morning.  It’s quiet except for the rain coming down heavily, she can hear the drops hitting the windowpane.  Rolling over in the bed expecting to smell Chace’s scent on the pillow she’s disappointed it’s not there.  Raising up in the bed looking around the room she can see her phone on the nightstand next to her as she sits up in the bed.   

Reaching over to grab it she checks her messages finding she has one from her Aunt Katie which she is glad to have but it isn’t what she’s drawn to.  There’s also one from Mason which surprises her, then she sees it.... one from Chace.  Clicking on it, she expects it to say she’s late for breakfast or something but instead….