Chapter 62

Chapter 62

Emilio walks back into the waiting area to find several pairs of eyes on him. He's feeling the burden of protecting all of the women, he pulls out his phone to make a few phone calls before approaching anyone. He wants to talk to Marisol and say hi to his kids. He didn't expect this to be so stressful or turn into this. After he hears Marisol's voice telling him she loves him he calls his law firm which he is one of the partners and updates them on the situation. He discusses strategy with another one of the partners, they are gathering together whatever he needs.

He is surprised to find Richard Braxton sitting with Monique  Cameron holding her hand and trying to comfort her.

When Monique looks up to see him in front of her she knows they are ready for her. She looks over at Rylie and Chace across from her then back at Emilio. "I thought I was going to go last, Jackson said...." She lets her voice fade.

"I know, I'm sorry. They've removed Jackson from doing any questioning. If you don't know the answer to something they ask you when you get in there don't assume and don't guess. Just say you don't know. He tells her, she nods her head.

"We are going to be out here for you, just know that." Richard Braxton tells her patting her hand. She looks at him and smiles. "You know, I thought you were a mean old man, but you have your moments grandpa, take care of my little girl, okay." Monique squeezes his hand.

He kisses her on her temple. I will always take care of my granddaughter, but you will be back soon to care for her yourself. Give them hell." He remarks. Monique smiles at him.

She gets up to leave and Rylie is sitting with her head down thinking. Monique looks over at her not getting a response or look from her, it startles her and hurts her feelings. Chace looks down at Rylie not paying attention to her sister, it's unlike her she's always been her champion.

"Ry....baby are you alright." Chace touches her arm wondering what's wrong.

Rylie looks up at him, her face twisted in a frown. "Chace they're not going after Monique, they are going to come after me." She simply says. The muscle in Emilio's jaw starts to twitch, he had hoped she wouldn't figure it out but he knows better.

Chace, Richard and Monique all stare at him waiting for him to respond. "Is she right Emilio....?" Chace gets up from his seat to approach his friend since childhood.

"I can't be sure, Jackson stopped me on the way here. He warned me about the FBI. They want the focus off the Senator and on the five women. It makes them look bad if it stays on the Senator."

Chace flips out he looks like he wants to throw something or hit someone. "Monique is not going in that goddamn room to say anything." He commands. Monique looks from Chace to Emilio confused.

"If she goes in there to talk they are going to turn it around on her and you know it Em. They're going to threaten her with more time and when Rylie gets in there they are going to tell her about it and use the fact that Gavin was stalking her to get to her. Those bastards are going to paint this like Rylie has the most motive and wanted him dead. By the time they get through with both of these women they are going to look like they were out for revenge. The stories in the media will be all about them, neither one of them is talking." Chace explodes.