Chapter 20

Chapter 20

Rylie awakes from another restless night to get ready for work.  She didn’t actually fall asleep until about three in the morning again and she’s tired.  It’s the same erotic dreams filled with the same face, his lips, his hands touching, caressing, stroking her so sensually.  Their heavy breathing—bodies entwined writhing against each other.  She feels the anticipation of it, the elation as he enters her, the euphoria when he hits her spot and the ecstasy of his hard thrust inside her are all so vivid in the dreams she keeps having since Sunday.   She wakes up several times during the night her body scorching with desire.  She doesn’t bother to sleep in pajamas anymore she’s tired of waking up in them soaked with only her sweat.   

She vaguely remembers him carrying her up the stairs the last night they were together, she remembers feeling his arms around her.  She felt precious, protected and wanted, she recalls feeling his lips against hers then nothing.  Words spoken between them are vague in her mind.  What did she say, did he tell her something she can’t recall if they had a conversation that resulted in this. 

She is struggling with the silence between them. Just when she feels unafraid to give everyone in her life what they want from her including him he decides he doesn’t want to be around her anymore.  Her eyes have taken so many photos of him, his handsome face plagues her when she’s awake.  She doesn’t want to feel this emotionally exposed, why do relationships have to be so full of conjecture and presumption. 

His silence is driving her crazy she doesn’t know what it means.  Does he want her to call…to say she she’s sorry, for what?  They haven’t even determined what they are to one another, they couldn’t stop touching each other long enough to figure that out and she’s embarrassed by the way she fell apart in his arms letting herself go when he touched her.  He keeps bringing out these feelings, wants, needs in her like she needs him now to clear up the confusion in her head and the ache all over her body.   

She wants to get him out of her head but fears he is creeping into her heart and she can’t seem to stop it no matter how hard she tries.  Moving out of his home on Monday to take up his offer of staying in the corporate apartment she thought it would help.  It hasn’t it just reminds her of how he looks out for her the apartment is beautiful, never has she thought she would stay in something so luxurious and suited to her. 

This place has two bedrooms and a great gourmet kitchen which she has yet to cook in, it’s fully furnished with beautiful window views of the Tyson’s Corner area all around her.    She can see the Braxton Holdings Incorporated building off in the distance, it’s only a few miles away by car which is perfect for her since she’s not exactly an early riser. 

Chace couldn’t have been more thoughtful in finding a place she would have everything she wants but she also suspects that her being on time to work was utmost in his mind.  The only downside is Ivana is also temporarily staying in the same building.  She found out her first day here when she was rushing to get on the elevator.  Seeing only Ivana on it she chose to wait.   

Rushing to get dressed this morning she wants to make it to the elevator and out of the building before Ivana is aware that she’s staying here.  She plans to contact Detective Blaine today to find out how much longer it will be before she can return to her own home.  This is like a mini vacation she hopes, she doesn’t want to have to avoid Ivana every day. 

Arriving at work Rylie is cheerily greeted by security.  Taking the elevator to her floor she finds Beth anxiously waiting for her when the elevator doors open.   “Hurry up, you’ve got to see this.”  Beth says in an anxious tone.  “Beth….?”  Rylie says not quite understanding why she seems to be filled with anxiety this morning.