Chapter 47

The following chapter is more to tone down all of the drama. The story g Yes, it's a "Love Scene" or LS as I called it earlier. But you all caught on to what I was saying eventually, so presenting the next chapter.

Chapter 47

Things haven't settled down enough for Rylie to catch her breath. In the days that followed the incident at the hospital, Monique was moved to the jail infirmary and Jayson had the bullet removed from his shoulder but remains in the hospital.

Asa faces a multitude of charges against him including attempted kidnapping now added. He has received a visit from a friend who happens to work for the Senator. He warned Asa not to talk or else. Gavin is brought up on assault charges for attacking Mason and stalking. The same friend of the Senator's visited him in jail. The other things he's done are not known yet. The Senator is helping him as long as he doesn't talk but even he isn't aware that Gavin is the one that murdered Kayla. Aiden believes Monique did it. Gavin has an attorney hired secretly by Senator Layton. The attorney is working tirelessly to get him out on bail.

Abram Kessler is currently causing the Senator the biggest grief. He's concerned about Ivana. She can't get out on bail yet. Because she was just arrested a few days ago and it is now known that she was dating Gavin. The charges against her keep growing with the biggest one so far being stalking and assault. Mr. Kessler wants the Senator to help him. He has pleaded with Aiden to speak to the Braxton's because after all of the years of friendship he and Richard shared, Richard will not talk to him or take his calls. He is hurt by it and wants the Senator to get him a meeting with Chace.

The Senator's wife is pressing him more and more, she can see something is wrong. Aiden is drinking and yelling at her causing a rift between them he is now trying to mend before she gets her father involved. Her father was a previous Senator and failed presidential candidate many years ago. Aiden is getting more frantic that he doesn't know the other names of the politician clients on the list fearing they will go to Sharna's father for help and reveal his name.

He watches the news every time there is a mention of the owner of The Mansion being arrested. The news outlets are digging frantically into the story. They are calling the huge house located in Ashburn Virginia a brothel, an escort service headquarters with additional locations and a medical clinic for the girls working there to get checked out located in New York.

The police are going through the client list and have arrested some of the girls for prostitution and questioned several prominent wealthy men. The secret has come out that many of the girls are pregnant. It is now known that Asa James was operating with his nephew an extortion ring to blackmail the wealthy men that frequented the house. News of the Mansion being an escort service has landed on several cable channels.

Aiden has been invited to come onto some of those channels to talk about the type of men that frequent "those" type of places. He of course declined causing his father-in-law to be upset with him. He told him during the dinner he and Sharna had with him and her mother that he didn't want to pass judgement on his colleagues. His father-in-law accepted his excuse and they haven't discussed it anymore. Aiden learned from Mason that Jayson Braxton is Monique's baby daddy and although he felt relief in knowing that information he is still anxious that his involvement and secret life will come out.

Law enforcement didn't seem to care that it was Monique's family member involved in the altercation at the hospital. She didn't take it well that Quinton was dead, she cried uncontrollably then admitted that after her and Quinton returned from Las Vegas, she gave in to his repeated proposals of marriage.