Chapter 48

Chapter 48

It's a cool brisk Saturday morning. Chace is cold, his human blanket is no longer in bed with him. He feels around for the comforter to cover up his naked body. He's frustrated that she's not still in bed with him when he wakes. He still has a taste and feel for her after last night. The only thing pressed against him now is her pillow. He throws it on the floor then sits up in the bed. He can smell bacon, she's cooking breakfast he assumes, he's hungry but right now he has another type of hunger.

Is it insane that he wants to sink himself inside her again so soon? Realizing he's got to calm down, it's the second time he told her he's afraid of losing her. He's never been in love before, he doesn't know how this is supposed to work. He gets anxious to see her, he thinks about her constantly when they aren't together. He tries not to walk around looking like a love struck teenager when he's with her but he can't help it. He wants to give her everything and anything she ask for. But she doesn't ask him for much. The last few weeks have been so crazy, he needed last night to happen. They needed to reconnect. Seeing her being held captive by Quinton did something to him, the fear he felt was something he hopes to never experience again.

He needs to meet with the Senator, the only obstacle he feels is left to putting this mess behind them so that they can move on with their lives. He wants to move on with Rylie. Watching her take care of her niece last night only made him anxious for the day he would see her with their children. Their childrenhe shakes his head. It's not something he thought allot about before her but now he can see himself doing the whole domestic thing. Damn, he's got to buy a ring, maybe Emilio can help him out with that.

They seem to get along most days on the job. She's feisty and bold, she doesn't take his shit. They are bringing in new customers and enjoying working together. She even lets him feel her up behind closed doors sometimes. He especially likes that side of them working together. They are definitely compatible in bed except she has to stop getting up so early in the morning. He's beginning to wonder what the hell she was doing all of the time that she was constantly late to work. He supposes he should get their living together situation clarified first before he goes any further after all they do have three houses between them, they need to be grounded.

Chace gets out of the bed heading for the shower. He makes a list in his head of the things he needs to take care of and the things he needs to do before he tells Rylie he's ready to take that next step with her if she will have him.

Rylie has breakfast ready for him she comes back up the stairs, she's had a similar morning of thinking about their relationship as she cooked breakfast. She's appreciative of everything she has with him but she wants more. She also wants to drive herself around. She likes being chauffeured sometimes by Leland and Sander but she wants her own car again and Chace has been extremely protective and unyielding in letting her go out without one of them watching over her.

Walking into the bedroom she finds the bed empty, the shower is running. Slipping out of her house slippers and removing her robe laying it across the bed she walks to the bathroom door and slowly opens it. She can see the outline of his body in the shower.

She slides the shower door open just as he grabs the soap to wash his body. He's surprised to see her standing in front of him nude and ogling his own nakedness. The only sound between them is of the water running, it sprays and streams across his magnificent body. Her eyes linger on the flow of water that runs down his neck, across his shoulders, streaming past his massive pecs and ribbed stomach. She sticks her tongue out holding it to the top of her lip licking slowly as she lustily keeps her gaze lingering between his legs.