Chapter 60

Chapter 60

Aiden hits his breaks swerving his black Mercedes Benz S600 into the next lane to avoid hitting the car in front of him. His phone drops out of his hand sliding across the floor to land against the passenger side door causing him to be unable to reach it while driving.

The caller on the other end disconnects. The man is a donor to his campaign, he owns two private planes and Aiden needs to get out of the country. Everyone he's called has refused to help him.

Gripping both hands on the steering wheel in frustration he slows down his speed realizing he's driving way above it now on his way to Dulles Airport. He's breathing heavy, looks frazzled and nervous of being stopped by the police. He' taken as many back roads as he can, now he's riding in the middle lane down Highway 28 almost at the airport.

Moving his hand from the steering wheel to wipe his forehead he notices blood on his hand. Frantically he wipes his hand on his pant leg to get the blood off but when he puts it back on the steering wheel it's there again forcing him to relive where it comes from.

Sharna's father was upset with him for not being by Sharna's side the night Gavin was killed. He told Aiden there was no excuse he could give for not supporting his daughter. Rowland Preston scolded him for not going to the police station to get her out and bring her home. He was highly upset that she was all over the news being escorted out of the police station by Richard Braxton. Aiden tried to hold his own against the older former Senator feeling Rowland wasn't as upset about Sharna's involvement as he claimed to be. He accused him of being more upset that the tabloids and cable news painted an image of Richard Braxton as a father figure to Sharna because her own is never around when she needs him.

They continued to argue with each other for quite some time over the incident neither showed concern nor asked Sharna if she was alright. Sharna remained silent in their presence until they finally got around to discussing what actually happened to her. Their tones turned accusatory toward her for causing them to have the focus of unwanted negative media attention. She told them both to go to hell then stormed off to her bedroom. After her father left, Aiden came to their bedroom to confront her about Mason.

Sharna refused to discuss her relationship with Mason and accused Aiden of not caring about her. She told him she wanted a divorce. He revealed he was having Mason followed and could get to him anytime he wanted so she should forget about getting divorced from him. She retaliated by telling him she knew about a video of him beating a pregnant woman causing her to lose her baby. She laughed at the look on his face when she told him the video was going to be given to the police. She started yelling at him that he had ruined her life and his with his sick behavior.

He grabbed her by the neck, choking her trying to force her to tell him where the video was thinking it was in the house. She told him she didn't have it admitting Chace Braxton showed it to her. He became irate that she was with Chace for any reason, losing control. Aiden started to beat his wife as she tried to run away from him. She managed to throw a lamp at him and crawl under their bed where he kicked at her getting frustrated that she wouldn't come out he left her there bleeding and crying.

He threw some clothes in a suitcase including the video of the incident on the veranda. He stopped at the bank to get some cash out. Now at the airport the Senator parks his car, grabs his overnight bag and makes his way inside the British Airways terminal heading straight for a bathroom to clean the blood off his hands. He's wearing a black suit and tie there's a red smug on his tie. He yanks the tie off throwing it in the trash.