Chapter 36

Chapter 36

Chace and Jayson take Langston with them after speaking with Evelyn rushing to Inova Fairfax Hospital.  They explain to Langston what they know about the situation on the way.

Walking down the hallway trying to find the room their father is in they see a nurse comes out of a hospital room looking frazzled and holding a bed pan.

"Excuse me, we're looking for Richard Braxton's room, we were told he was brought here."  Jayson stops her as she goes past.

"Who are you?"  She says in a clipped tone of voice showing an obvious upset.

"I'm Jayson Braxton, this is my brother Chace and cousin Langston."  Jayson tells her.  She looks them over with her lips pursed together, her brows raised and her hand on her hip.

"He threw a bed pan at me.  You can't see him yet, the doctor's in with him.  I guess I can let him know you're here."  She sighs leaving them to walk back to room.

As they wait Chace moves to another area to call Rylie to tell her what happened.  She lets him know that Evelyn came down and talked to her as he instructed.  Chace wants her to ride with Leland back to the new house.   She tells him she can't go there yet, she needs to get some things for it and she needs more clothes especially the dress she's going to wear to the company cocktail party tomorrow night.  Rylie tells him she will meet him at his father's house when she gets off from work. 

Making his way back to the waiting area Chace sees Langston and Jayson talking to his father's chauffeur Sebastian.  He can only repeat what he told Evelyn that the supply company manager was in an argument with Mr. Braxton over one of their employees coming to his house this morning and vandalizing it.  The company insist they didn't send anyone to Mr. Braxton's house. 

Chace thanks Sebastian for taking care of his father then goes to the hospital room the nurse went into earlier.  While knocking on the door he can hear his father's raised voice inside it.  The nurse opens the door giving him a defiant look.

"I told you, you can't see him now, you'll just have to wait."  She says in a chastising tone.

"I want to see him now."  Chace says with authority his lips curled in a sneer.

"Oh you two are definitely related."  She drawls leaving him standing at the door, going back in the room returning a few minutes later with his doctor.

"Mr. Braxton, sorry to see you again under these circumstances.  I'm sure you've been made aware why your father is here.  We had to draw some blood from him to determine what appears to be in his system.  He is not being cooperative about it.  I suspect your father was drugged during the robbery of his home earlier this morning.  A police officer was here to take a report earlier.  The drugs should be leaving his system we've given him something to help with the process.  I'll notify you as soon as I'm sure there's nothing else in his system then we can release him."  Dr. Holliman explains.  Jayson and Langston have joined Chace at the door listening to what the doctor says.