Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Rylie works late into the evening forgetting about the time until she sees the cleaning crew outside her office door.  Mostly everyone is gone.  Gathering her purse and jacket to go home she takes the elevator down to reception.  Walking down the hallway toward the security checkpoint she stops near the reception desk. 

Chace Braxton is a few feet in front of her walking through the security check point.  After he gets through a woman rushes to him wrapping her arms excitedly around his neck pulling his head down to eagerly kiss him.  He seems surprised by her actions barely having time to grab his laptop case from the security belt scanner.    

Her blonde wavy locks fall to her shoulders.  She has mesmerizing grey eyes, she’s a couple inches taller than Rylie.  The dress she’s wearing is a body hugging low cut party dress that is meant to show off her every curve.  Although it’s cold out she’s not wearing and doesn’t need a coat the way Chace holds her against him.  The blonde knows how to keep his attention he hasn’t looked around or behind him once since she plastered herself to him.   

Rylie goes through the checkpoint following slowly behind them as they exit the building.  She takes her time not wanting to make it seem like she’s following them.  They don’t go far his car and driver are right outside.  The woman can’t seem to keep her hands off of him she stops him after they get down the steps near the car to kiss him again.   

A cluster of people come out of the building going to the Metro train station and parking garage.  Rylie decides to walk along with them hoping he doesn’t see her but he does right after he seats the blonde in his car. 

“Ms. Cameron, I wasn’t aware that you were working so late.  Trying to make up for your late mornings, this doesn’t change the deal we made.”  He says to her just as she’s walking past his waiting car. 

The blonde sticks her head out to see who he is talking to giving Rylie a condescending glare. “Chace we have to go.”  She says rolling her eyes at Rylie and sitting back in the car.  Ignoring his date Chace doesn’t take his eyes off of Rylie in front of him Rylie returns his fixed gaze.  

“It wasn’t a deal Mr. Braxton, it was a veiled threat.  You forced me to do what you wanted.”  Rylie exclaims. 

“You didn’t tell me that at the time, is that how you see our encounter, I assure you I’ve never had to force a woman to do anything I wanted her to do.”   

“There’s a first time for everything some women are immune to your charms.”   Rylie dryly replies the words slipping out of her mouth before she can stop them.  He takes a step closer invading her personal space.  Doesn’t he remember he has a date in the car waiting for him?  His closeness makes Rylie uncomfortable. 

“You consider yourself one of those woman Rylie?”  He’s standing over her looking down into her wide brown eyes. 

“That’s not a question you should be asking me.  You seem to have plenty of attention.  What I think of you really doesn’t matter.”  She remarks.  He stares at her for a long time until the female voice in the car calls his name.  

“I’ll see you tomorrow at work, don’t be late or else.”  He just has to throw in.  Rylie sighs, she starts to say something but thinks better of it.  No need to push her limits. 

“Have a great evening….sir.”  She says sarcastically.  He gives her a sexy taunting smile before walking back to his car.  Now she understands the rumors about his sex appeal.