Chapter 65

things are happening....

.

.

.

Harry’s POV

A few days later, I decided to see Charl. I hadn’t seen her in a while, so I thought it was about time we caught up.

So I found myself outside a coffee shop, staring intently at my phone as I waited. It wasn’t as if I was actually doing something on it, but I didn’t want to look awkward, so I pretended to be busy as people walked by.

“Sup loser.”

I spun around when I felt two small hands over my eyes but relaxed when I heard my best friend’s familiar laugh.

“Hey.” I smiled and engulfed her in a hug.

We went inside and bought our drinks before heading back outside to sit down.

“So How’ve you been?” She asked me as we sat down as a table outside, seeing as though it was a nice day.

“Yeah, pretty good, I guess.” I nodded with a brief smile.

“Pretty good?” She asked. “What’s up?”

I let out a sigh.

“It’s Louis.” I rubbed my forehead as I looked down at the table.

“Oooo trouble in paradise?” She laughed.

“I’m being serious.” I told her. “He’s hiding something from me, I know it.”

“Is it something big?” She asked, reaching forward to put her hands over mine.

“I think so.” I whispered, looking up at her with misty eyes. “I met his family last week-”

“Oh that’s great!” Charl interrupted me.

I gave her a look that said ‘shut up’ and she stopped.

“I’m sorry,” She brushed it off. “Continue.”

“Thanks.” I answered. “We went to his family’s for his sister’s birthday, and it started off well… but quickly went downhill.”

“What?” She asked with a confused expression.

“I overheard Louis and his mum talking about something, and it was weird.” I mumbled.

“What was it?” Charl asked.

“I’m not really sure,” I admitted, rubbing the back of my neck. “They were talking about a guy, and the way they were speaking… I think it could have been an ex of his.”

“No way.” Charl started shaking her head. “Louis doesn’t date. He only has things with girls that he’s in movies with.”

“Louis told me that he’d had boyfriend’s before, a long time ago.” I told her.

“What? Woah….” She breathed. “Didn’t see that coming.”

“That’s not the important part.” I said with a sigh. “He said his mother was the one that made all his boyfriend’s resent him and then leave him.”

Charl’s face softened as I spoke.

“I-I…” I took a deep breath. “I overheard him say to his mum that she was the reason that Dan was… dead.”

“Shit…” Charl breathed, putting a hand over her mouth. “That’s… wow. Who’s Dan?”

“Daniel Blake.” I answered. “Remember the actor, who died?”