Chapter 33

i updated again <3

.

.

.

Harry’s POV

The door of the bathroom cubicle slowly opened and Louis’ head slowly appeared out the corner.

He timidly stepped forward and I subconsciously took a step backwards.

His face dropped and his eyes widened and he started breathing faster.

“Coat Boy.” He stated as he shakily brought a hand up to his mouth. “Y-You… That was you?”

The moment I saw him, I froze. I had no idea what he was going to do to me. He was usually such a defensive and outspoken person. But given that I had seen him in such a vulnerable state, there was no telling what threats I was going to receive.

I opened my mouth and stuttered a little before I was able to speak.

“Y-You... I thought you knew? My accent?” I asked, perplexed that he didn’t know.

I was like the only British guy working on this movie, I assumed he knew who I was the moment I started talking.

“I-I- I don’t k-know. I-I didn’t think- You- I just-” He stumbled as his eyes got misty again. “I-I wasn’t t-thinking-”

“Hey,” I stepped forward with my hands outstretched. “It’s okay, don’t get upset.” I reassured him with a warm smile, realising that he probably wasn’t going to hurt me while he was still worked up. That would surely come tomorrow, but for now, all I wanted was to help him. I couldn’t stand it when people were upset.

However, he immediately recoiled and stepped away, shaking his head vigorously. “No.” He whispered. “I can’t.”

“What?” I asked as I stepped forward again and he took several steps back so he was against the wall.

“I h-have to go.” He said as he wiped his eyes and ran from the room, leaving me alone and very confused.

I thought he was some kind of strong, confident person, not someone who broke down like that.

For a minute, I stayed there, standing in the bathroom as I processed what had happened.

Louis was really upset, and I wanted to help him.

So I snapped out of my daze and left the room, heading towards his dressing room where I thought he would be.

The hallway had cleared out considering it was lunch break so there was no one around.

I walked up to his door and knocked softly.

“Louis?” I whispered, pressing my ear up to the wood. “Louis, open the door.”

There was no reply but I could still hear whimpering and sniffles on the other side.

“Louis, please?” I asked. “We can talk if you want to? I don’t mind.”

I could hear shuffling but still no reply so I tried the door handle.

I don’t know what kind of wave of confidence came over me, but I knew I wanted to help him.

I wanted to break down his walls, to find out who the real Louis was because it surely wasn’t the version of him that he constantly showed.

It opened under my hand and I stepped into the most extravagant dressing room I’d ever seen.