Chapter 25

Harry’s POV

A few days later, and we were back to work.

Monday morning, I woke up in Charl’s guest room bedroom as the light seeped in through the windows.

I heard the shower running, meaning Charl was already up and getting ready.

I stretched and rolled over to check my phone.

There was a message from Luke.

I hadn’t seen him in a few days and I missed him, but we texted a lot. He understood that I needed to be there for my best friend just after her father passed away.

            Good morning, beautiful.

            I hope you have a great day back on set

            Don’t miss me too much xox

I smiled at the screen like an absolute idiot.

His morning texts always did this to me. They made me so happy that I would roll around in the sheets as I grinned and spazzed out over this incredible boy who cared about me.

I bit my lip and typed out a reply.

            Good morning to you too, handsome.

            I’ll try, but I do miss you. xx

            It feels like forever since I’ve seen you...

I threw the phone down and crawled out of the warmth of the bed to get ready.

I wiped my eyes and I wandered down the hallway to the bathroom, leaning on the door once I got there.

I moaned her name boredly through the door as I knocked.

“Chaaaaarl.” I whinged. “C’mon. Hurry up.”

I didn’t hear a reply, but I did hear the water shut off.

“Just lemme change, hold on.” She eventually called back, making me groan and rest my head on the door.

“Oh shut up.” She joked, hearing my annoyed tones. “You’ll live. God, you’re nearly as bad as El.” She finished with a laugh.

I stood up straight at that, surprise taking over my body.

She hadn’t mentioned El at all since our talk at the cemetery. Actually, she hadn’t mentioned anything about anything we had talked about.

We had spent the last few days watching movies and just laying around her apartment, binge eating and bitching about ugly actresses as we laughed at their films.

Mostly, I just wanted to make her feel better so I tried to keep everything light hearted.

Hearing her say that about El made me immediately happier. She was beginning to joke again, meaning she was feeling better, coming to terms with it all.

I knew she would never be fully okay. The way she talked about her family when we sat under that tree was vividly harsh and just from hearing that, I knew she would never fully forgive her sister or mother.

It was understandable, considering what she’d gone through.

I was just ecstatic she’d been able to make that comment and then laugh.

The bathroom door opened to reveal a bright, shiny, new Charl with dripping wet hair.

“You can use the bathroom, but I have to dry my hair.” She said, holding up the hair dryer.