Chapter 14

Harry’s POV

The next morning I wandered into work and slouched into my chair beside Liam. I hadn’t gotten much sleep last night. Ashton stayed the night and him, Will, Jack and I were up late drinking and having fun, just like college but without all the girls and crowded parties.

Liam and I talked but I was way too tired to hold a good conversation so it soon stopped and he left.

I had my hair and make-up done quickly and changed into my costume before heading back out onto the set with my coat on as it was cold outside.

Today, we were using an outdoor set because we were filming the scene where Gus asks Hazel to go to Amsterdam with him so I went outside to where a park had been set up.

I went down the hallway, past the stars dressing rooms to the door that lead outside.

I sighed as I saw the star on the door that indicated Louis’ dressing room.

I still wasn’t sure what was up with him, but all this quietness was making me anxious.

Surely he was planning something. There was no way he could have gone two days without one nasty comment.

Especially now that he knows I’m gay.

I hurried past the room and out the door, hoping he wouldn’t catch me alone. He was so intimidating.

The set was incredible, complete with the oversized skeleton sculpture rising out of the ground. It was exactly the way it had been described in the book.

Halfway across the lot I spotted Charl and the girls beside a coffee machine, again. Even though I was feeling like shit, I decided to put on a brave face for her. She had so much going in her life and I knew she needed a rock, a friend, and I wanted to be there for her, even though I didn’t understand half of what she was dealing with.

“Hey Harry!” Tay exclaimed as soon as she saw me. I walked over to them and enveloped all three of them in a group hug.

“How are we all?” I asked, pulling back.

“Yeah, alright.” Jess replied with a smile.

“Charl?” I turned to her. She was smiling, though I could see the hurt in her eyes. “How’s your d-” she glared at me and I immediately stopped talking. She obviously didn’t want the girls to know.

“dog?” I finished, trying to cover up what I was going to say. “How’s your dog?”

Charl rolled her eyes and stifled a laugh. “Good. He’s good.”

I nodded as an awkward silence drifted over us. I really wanted to talk to Charl, make sure she was okay, but the other girls didn’t know about, well, anything I didn’t think.

It made me feel special that Charl entrusted that information with me. I felt like we were closer as a result and that we could trust each other. It was nice. I hadn’t had anyone I could trust in a while.

Most of my good friends I left behind in England and even though I had known Jack, Will and Ash for a while, I felt like Charl and I were closer. I really liked her and she was a good friend. After all, if it wasn’t for her, I would never have met Niall and Michael and I would never have found Ashton.

Thankfully, Sandy came over and relieved the awkward tension.

“Alright, Styles. Little.” She pointed at Charlotte and I. “You two will be young parents with a child, playing on the bones. The kid’s over there.” She pointed to a group of young children being supervised by a few crew members. “Go. Now.” She snapped, so Charlotte and I didn’t hesitate to go over to them.