Chapter 42

I THINK REALLY LIKE THIS CHAPTER :)))))

I HOPE YOU DO TOO! <3

.

.

.

Louis’ POV

The first thing I thought about when my car rolled up to work was Harry. I hadn’t heard from him since after we’d looked after his niece and that was almost a week ago. I wanted to see him, I missed his cute face.

Over the past few weeks of getting to know him, it had only made me even more sure that I liked him and that I didn’t want to hide it anymore. I was done pretending and being the horrible person I had made myself out to be when underneath it all, I was quite the opposite.

I climbed out of the car, grabbed my stuff and wandered in.

“Hiya Barb!” I called out to the receptionist whose name I had always pretended I didn’t know. I smiled at her as I greeted her, deciding to finally be nice and acknowledge her.

She nervously smiled back at me. “Hello, Mr Tomlinson.”

I gave her one last grin before moving into the hallway and heading to my room. On the way, I couldn’t help but notice that most of the extras were already there and were milling around the Trough.

I thought to myself that maybe, Harry would be in there, so I subtly poked my head around the corner into the room. I didn’t know where his station was, considering I’d never been in there before, so I didn’t know where to look, but from what I gathered, he wasn’t there.

I was slightly disappointed, but figured he would arrive soon. The take was going to begin in half an hour.

I continued my way down to my dressing room with a sigh. Seeing Harry’s dimpled smile would have made my morning, but I had no such luck.

I closed the door and dropped my bag on the coffee table before walking over to my mirror.

I got into costume and waited for Lou to arrive and do my hair and makeup and once I was ready, I headed out onto the set.

I looked around and spotted Eleanor with Harry’s friends, chatting away with Liam and Niall while Charl stood slightly to the side, looking rather awkward.

So I walked over to her, partly to keep her company and partly because I really didn’t want to talk to El. After nearly 3 years of fake-dating her, I could die a happy person if I never had to speak to her again.

“Hey,” I greeted Charl with a smile that she returned sleepily. I knew she was still a little wary about me, but she seemed to be slowly warming up to me.

“Hi Louis,” She replied through a yawn. “How are you?”

“Good, actually.” I admitted. “Had a quiet weekend in, got some well-needed sleep. Yourself? You look exhausted.”

“Yeah,” She laughed. “I haven’t gotten much sleep the past few nights. I’ve been at Harry’s.”

At the mention of Harry’s name, my face lit up. I was going to bring him up but her mentioning him first made it less awkward and made me look less desperate.

“Harry’s?” I asked. “Speaking of, where is he today?”

Her smile fell away and I immediately felt mine do the same, the worrying feeling building in my stomach.

“He’s sick.” She answered with a sigh. “The poor thing’s been bed-ridden all weekend.”

“Oh,” I frowned.