Chapter 68

sorry for the wait, but its been quite an eventful week.

here's the whole Dan story finally.

I tried to explain it the best I could, after rewriting it a few times, this is what i came up with. enjoy x

.

.

.

Harry’s POV

“Dan was… he w-was…” Louis stuttered, as if fighting some kind of internal battle with himself about whether or not he should tell me.

And I really wanted to know.

I wanted to be able to understand him and help him, but for some reason he thought I would leave because of it.

He couldn’t be more wrong. No matter what happened, I would always be there for him. I’ve only known him a few months, but already couldn’t imagine my life without him.

He sniffled against my shoulder and took some deep breaths, calming down as I stroked his back, trying to make him feel better.

Whatever happened must have been quite traumatic if this was the what happened whenever he thought about it.

Eventually, he looked up and me and wiped his eyes.

“I want to be brave.” He said. “You make me want to be strong…”

I nodded and kissed his forehead, making him close his eyes briefly and take another breath.

“Okay.” He said shakily. “Let me s-start from the beginning.”

I nodded again and let him nestle back into my side, getting comfortable as he began the story.

“I grew up at home with mom, dad and my sisters. It was all fine, until I came out.” He admitted, looking down nervously.

“I don’t think it ever settled well with her that I was gay. I’ve known I liked boys ever since high school, but she didn’t like that. I used to date them anyway, I wasn’t closeted.” He told me and took a breath.

“Whenever I brought anyone home to meet my family, my mom would- she would-” He gulped. “She would treat them so badly. She said horrible things to them, made them scared of me.” His voice dropped to a whisper. “And they’d tell me it wasn’t worth it. That I wasn’t worth them putting up with my horrific family, so they’d leave me.”

He closed his eyes and took a breath.

“And word got around school that my mother was basically verbally abusing them, so I’d stop bringing them home. And all the boys at school stayed away from me because they were scared of her. Scared that if we started dating, she would come after them.”

I kept my hand on his back, stroking up and down to calm him down, I could feel him getting more and more tense.

When I met her, she didn’t seem like that at all. She was perfectly lovely, but then again, that could have all been for show. And according to Louis’ state right now, I tended to believe him.

“She said the most horrible things… To her own son as well…” He whispered, closing his eyes. He took a few breaths and I squeezed him tighter when I felt him start to shake.

“It’s okay, you’re fine.” I whispered back and he nodded.

“Y-Yeah. Um, so I didn’t have any friends back in high school, everyone stayed away from me. Until I started college. I met Niall, Liam and Zayn at UCLA. Ni, Liam and I were all doing acting and Zayn was more into art and music, but we all became friends. It was so nice, no one knew my mom and no one avoided me because of her.” He smiled briefly so I smiled back, proud of him.