Chapter 1

Harry’s POV

It was my first day on the job and I was really nervous. Well, more like, freaking out.

I finally got an acting job in this new movie, The Fault in Our Stars and even though I was just an extra, I was still going to be working with the Louis Tomlinson. My idol.

He was just... just... amazing! I saw him in that movie The Hunger Games and he was incredible as Gale, just incredible. He had so much raw emotion, not to mention he was incredibly hot and I’m just, well, me. I’ve never had a job before, I only just graduated from acting school so I was relatively new at all this and he was a seasoned professional which only added to my nerves.

I took a deep breath as I sat in my parked my car in the studio lot and ran my hands through my hair.

“It’s okay, Harry. It’s okay. Calm down. Deep breaths.” I chanted to myself before climbing out of my beat up car and opening the back door to grab my coat.

It was my Burberry trench coat that my mum had given me. I brought it for good luck as she always wanted me to do well and now, I was finally starting to get this whole acting thing underway.

I miss her and I don’t get to see her often as she still lives in England with the rest of my family, which only makes me miss them all so much more. I really am a mumma’s boy at heart.

I pulled on the coat and wrapped a scarf around my neck before heading across the carpark to the studio.

Upon entering the building, I clocked on at the front desk and headed to studio 8 where we would be filming. As I entered the large room, I saw people rushing everywhere. Some were fiddling with the cameras, setting them up while others were rushing around with props. I saw the director sitting in his chair talking to what seemed to be a costume designer holding a ripped coat.

I realised I was one of the first extras there. There were a few others just sitting around drinking coffee and talking as the waited to be told what to do.

I also noticed that Louis wasn’t there yet.

“Harry Styles?” someone called my name.

It was a woman with a clipboard and she was walking over to me. I turned to face her as she stopped in front of me.

“Are you Harry Styles?” she asked, looking over the top of her clipboard as she scanned the list for what I assumed was my name.

“Yeah,” I said.

“I’m Sandy, in charge of extras. Come with me. You need to get ready.” She said as she led me down the hallway and into a slightly smaller room with rows of mirrors and vanity tables.

She sat me down in front of one that had my name written across the top and called over another girl.

“Lou, this is Harry. He’ll be in the Amsterdam restaurant scene with Tomlinson and Calder. Get him ready please. And Harry, your costume is hanging there,” she pointed to the black bag that was hanging on the corner of my mirror “Please put it on when you’re ready and come back to the set to wait further instruction.” She said promptly before bustling off to organise the rest of us extras.

The girl doing my hair and make-up, Lou, didn’t talk at all. She just did her job as quickly as possible before moving onto the boy next to me.

Once she was done, I followed Sandy’s instructions and got dressed before heading back to the set.

There weren’t many actors around but I did see a few by a coffee machine.

I walked over to a small group of them as they fell silent.