Chapter 41

DOUBLE UPDATE CAUSE IM FEELING GENEROUS

IF YOU HAVEN'T READ THE PREVIOUS CHAPTER, YOU SHOULD PROBABLY GO DO THAT

PICTURE OF DARCIE ON THE SIDE (ISNT SHE CUTE!)

.

.

.

Harry’s POV

I shut the door and let out a sigh as I carried Darcie back to the lounge where I put the bag down and then placed her on the floor.

Louis was still standing in the doorway, fiddling with his jumper when I looked up.

“You’re family seems nice.” He commented, watching the girl crawl around.

I let out a small laugh and bent down to get out a toy for Darcie, giving it to her before standing back up.

“Yeah sure,” I answered, sitting back on the couch. “She’s, uh… full on. Sorry.”

He smiled to himself briefly, still watching Darcie. His demeanour had dramatically changed since he’d first arrived.

The flirty fun Louis had been exchanged for the anxious, bundle-of-nerves Louis.

“You okay?” I asked him as he came to sit next to me. He leant forward and smiled at the baby girl playing on the floor.

“Yeah,” I answered. “She reminds me of my sister.” He breathed, I had only just heard it as he said it under his breath.

“You have a sister?” I asked him. “I didn’t know you had-”

“Because I don’t talk about it.” He snapped, cutting me off as I made a mental note to not ever bring up his family if I wanted to keep my head.

I silently leaned forward and grabbed my cup of tea, taking a sip as Darcie stood and waddled her way over to me.

“Uncle Hazzy,” She said as she repeatedly hit my knee. “Uncle Hazzy.”

“Yes, sweetie.” I asked, picking her up into my knee.

She smiled until she turned and saw Louis sitting there. She tilted her head to the side and looked at him in confusion as I turned her around on my lap so she was facing him.

“Darc,” I said in her ear. “This is Louis.”

“Lee.” She sang, making us both laugh as Louis took her hands and played with them.

“No,” I corrected her. “Lou-ee.”

“Lou,” She said slowly. “ee. Lou lou lou lou.” She sang, making me roll my eyes.

“I swear she’s smarter than this.” I said to Louis, but he shook his head as he let go of her and leant back.

“It’s okay. It’s cute, actually. Lou is fine.”

The way he said it, I wasn’t sure whether or not he was letting me know that I could call him that, or if it was reserved for Darcie.

“Hungy.” She asked me with the cutest pout I’d ever seen, so I picked her up and put her on my hip as I stood.

“Okay,” I replied to her. “You coming, Louis?”

He nodded and followed me out, as I turned to the next room.