Epilogue

Three Months Later

IVY POV

       I can't believe how much my life has changed in four and a half months. It has been that long since I ran an abusive relationship. My life has completely changed since then. Back then I was an orphan on the run. Now I have two people I call my parents. Sheila and Mayhem are more like parents to me than friends. I made them cry last month when I asked if I could call them Mom and Dad. Of course, they said yes. I have my adopted brothers: Bear, Khaos, Ironhorse, Hawk, and can't forget Medic. I got close to Hawk and Ironhorse after Hawk's baby momma ran off and abandoned him and their son. I don't know how anyone could leave my beautiful nephew, Lincoln. That is okay. He has plenty of love from all of us. I have Sadie and Cherry, who are like sisters to me. Saving the best for last, I have my wonderful fiancé, Wolf. Wolf claims I saved him, but I know we saved each other.

     So here I sit four and a half months later as a changed woman. I am happier than I have ever been. Today, I welcome more changes for me., I will become a married woman. I also may find out; I am becoming a mother too. I have been sick the last few days, so when mom went to pick up my dress and the girls haven't shown up yet, I took the test I bought yesterday. The alarm goes off, time to see what it says. Positive., I am going to be a mom. I have to figure out how to tell Wolf. Maybe I can work it into my vows. I hope he will be happy about it.

     The knock on my door pulls me from my thoughts. "Come in" I yell. Mom, Cherry, and Sadie walk in. "I got your dress and bouquet," Mom says. "Thank you, Mom," I respond. I hop up and head for the door. "Where are you going?" Cherry asks. "To get Lincoln, I promised Hawk I would keep him for an hour," I lie running out the door. I find Hawk, "Please tell Mom and the girls that I promised to keep him for an hour this morning. Come and get him in an hour too." I beg. "Okay, but you owe me an explanation later," he says. I nod and take Lincoln, then run to the clinic.

     "Doc?" I called out. "Yeah, what's up Ivy? Shouldn't you be getting ready for your wedding?" he asked. "Yes, I should be and will be soon. This is what is up." I say showing him the test. "You're...." he starts. "Shhh." I cut him off. "Can you do an ultrasound quickly? Don't say anything to anyone. I want to tell Wolf first." I say. "Hop up here and raise your shirt to below your bra." He says. He puts the gel on my stomach and moves the wand around. "There they are," he says. "They?" I ask. "Yes. They. You are having twins. You are 11 weeks today." Doc tells me. "Thanks, Doc," I say as he hands me a picture.

     I quickly hide the picture and test. Then run back to my room. "Sorry. I am back." I say. They all got dressed and worked on their hair. I take the test and picture and hide it in my bouquet. I have a plan for how to tell Wolf and everyone. I sit Lincoln down and let him play on his tummy. "Ready to get your dress on?" Cherry asks. "No makeup and hair first," Mom says. "Sit, sit. You do her hair, and I will work on her makeup." Mom says. They are still working on me when Hawk knocks. Sadie hands him Lincoln, "Thanks for the help with him, Ivy" Hawk says. "You're welcome. I love the little guy." I replied. He waves and leaves.

      Finally, they say I can dress. I get my dress out of the bag. It is beautiful and simple. It is a simple A-line dress with spaghetti straps. Since we are getting married on the dock, I opted for an above-the-knee length. I get my dress on. "You look beautiful" they all gushed. "Not complete yet," I say, slipping on my property kutte, "now it's complete." "Still beautiful." Mom says, "Time to head down." I grab my bouquet and slip on my heels. Then follow them out.

      We get downstairs and out back. I know the men are wearing slacks, button-up shirts, and their kuttes. When I see Dad like that, I smile. "You look handsome," I say. "You look beautiful. Are you ready?" he asks as the music starts for the wedding party. "I am more than ready," I say, linking arms with him as the wedding march starts.