The Unexpected Stop Part 2

SHEILA POV

      I look over at Ivy when I park at the clubhouse. I notice she is completely out and lightly snoring. Poor girl is exhausted and looks like she hasn't slept in a week. Noticing Ethan, a prospect near his patch in time near the door and waving him over. "Watch her and let her know where I am if she wakes. Do not wake her up. She needs to rest." I inform him before walking in. 

      After dropping the bags in the kitchen, I start to look for Mayhem, my husband. Also, I try to find Bear, and Khaos, my sons. I notice them at a corner booth with Sadie, Bear's Ol' lady, and a few sweetbutts. I head over there to remind Daisy, the sweetbutt, that's trying to get my husband's attention, what happens to the ones that don't honor the rules about taken men. The rules state that if they mess with a married or taken member, the old ladies beat them, and they are banned for life. I remind her with a slap to her face. She leaves and I tell Lily, the one on Khaos' lap, to take a hike too. "Mom, what the hell?" Khaos complains. I shut him up with a look. 

    "We need to talk." I let my family know. "Then let's take it to the office," Mayhem replies. We all get up and head to the office. I close the door and lock it, once everyone is inside. "What's up, love?" Mayhem asks. "We will be having a house guest for a while and I want the club to protect her," I inform my family. "Who is she and why does she need protection?" Khaos inquires. "How do you know she can be trusted?" Bear asked at the same time. "Her name is Ivy, she is from Miami, she is running from an abusive ex and his partner both cops from Miami, and I trust her. You can see her bruises that are still healing." I replied. "Is she the one whose car the prospect is towing in?" Mayhem asks. "Yes, she broke down 10 miles from Jamestown." I let them know. "Well, where is she? Let's ask her and see what all there is to her story. I will have Tech run her background too. I will take it to church after we talk to her, and her background comes back about the protection." Mayhem tells me. "She is asleep in my SUV in the lot and Ethan is watching her. Don't you dare wake her. The poor girl looks exhausted. You'll have to wait to question her. She trusts me." I inform them. The guys are all quiet, they understand that she will be afraid of men, more than likely, now that a beating took place. "Her name is Ivy Stephens. I looked at her ID before I came in. I knew you would want a background check. Make sure Tech understands that it stays under the radar. Her ex is a cop. We don't want him to see someone here running in the background," I pointedly reminded them. "Khaos dear, can you meet me at the house and carry her up to your old room? I don't want to wake her." I ask of my youngest. "Of course, Mom. I love you," he answers. "Have Tech start his check. I will see you at home. I love you all," I say then I kiss my husband goodbye.

     I see Cherry, the head sweetbutt, on my way out. I stop to tell her to watch the others to ensure they respect the taken men.  I let her know about Daisy's antics earlier. Cherry says the problem will be handled. We do operate on a 3-strike basis. Daisy is on 2 strikes now.