Family Ties?

SHEILA POV

      A few minutes after Mayhem and the boys left for church, Chad woke up. "Hey," I say with a smile. Chad looks confused. "You probably shouldn't be talking to me. Your ol' man probably won't like you talking to a rat," he says with tears in his eyes. "I know what you did and why you did it. Also, I am not sure how much of a rat it makes, for you to just confirm what someone else ratted about. You did what you did to save your mom, that makes you noble, in my opinion." I replied to him. Chad nods and starts to cry. I sat down beside him and hugged him. I sit and hold him while he cries, to me it shows his true intentions and how young he is. This kid is barely 19 and did what he had to do to save his mom, which makes him better than the rest of his family.

     When his sobbing and tears stop, I open the door and holler to Sadie, to bring in some food and an ice pack. "You will be watched the whole time you are here," I informed him. "You mean that they aren't killing me today?" Chad asks, shocked. I shake my head. He looks scared. "What's got you so spooked about not dying today?" I ask as Sadie comes in. I nod for her to sit down and join us. I have some thoughts about talking to Mayhem and the boys about letting him live. I want Sadie's opinion and backup if it is the right way to go. "They will kill my mom!" he practically yells in a panic. He jumps up and starts pacing mumbling about they will kill his mom and it was all for nothing. "Oh God, you have to have them to get protection on my mom and Mjolnir, please," he sobs as he sinks back down on the couch. "Mjolnir, as in Mayhem's brother, Mjolnir?" I ask. He nods while crying. "Why would he need protection? He's in prison. What does he have to do with this?" I demand. "He will need protection because they have been threatening his life, to keep my mom and me in line for years," he states. "Why?" I ask while my panic is kicking in. "He's my father," he finally admits after a few minutes with a sigh. 

    I sat down in shock. I look at Sadie and her jaw is practically on the floor. "Sadie, watch him. I need to talk to my husband and sons before they come back here. I will send Tech in here to help. I am going to grab them as soon as they leave church. Were  you ever going to tell us?" I ask him before I leave. "No, because I figured I shamed my father enough by confirming what Bolt told them. Hell, maybe by being born. Mom always told me he was happy about me, but no one here knew about me. He says things were different back then. That his dad would have killed Mom and me. I don't know though," he states in defeat. I nod in shock, "Their dad was a bastard. He may have." Chad looks at me with such sadness but nods that he understands.

     I rush out the door and stand right by the doors for church. I am sure my panic and stress show on my face. "Are you okay?" Ivy asks. I shake my head. I guess my look showed I didn't want to talk about it. She just nods and goes to sit back down. I understand Mjolnir not saying anything back at the beginning, but once the ones who would have hurt them were gone... Why didn't he then? Did he think Mayhem would be like his dad? Did he not trust his brother? The doors open, scaring me out of my thoughts, causing me to jump and let out a small scream. "Dammit, you scared me," I tell Doc when he gives me a confused look about my reaction. Some of the guys look upset coming out, so not sure how Mayhem is going to take the new information. Grabbing Tech as he walks out, "Go help Sadie watch Chad," I tell him. He nods and heads that way. I walked in and grabbed Khaos' arm as he was following Wolf out. Bear and Mayhem are still seated at the table. Khaos looks confused but sits back down. I close the doors and lock them after the last member leaves.

     "What's the matter, love?" Mayhem questions, "Are you going to sit?" I shake my head, staying by the door, hoping that I will be enough to keep them in here until they cool down. Deciding not to chance it, I open the door and wave Wolf back in from his spot by Ivy. Once he joins us, "Stay right here and don't let anyone in or out until they calm down." I tell him then relock the doors. My family looks really concerned now. I sit knowing I can trust Wolf. I am quietly looking at my boys trying to figure out how to start. "Okay spill it, Mom," Bear starts, "We are going into lockdown and there is a lot to do." "Don't be an ass to your mom," Mayhem snaps. I take a deep breath, "Chad can't be killed," I start. "Why the hell not?!" Khaos yells hitting the table, " He is a rat. We kill rats." Bear and Khaos both are yelling at my statement. Mayhem beats the gavel down, "Enough!" he yells, "Please explain love, I know you don't involve yourself in club business without a good reason," he continues. "Like I started to say, Chad can't be killed. I will explain why, but all of you need to keep quiet and let me get it all out before you speak," I say giving them all a glare. They all nod in agreement. "We can't kill him even though he did confirm what Bolt told them, he didn't give them anything on his own and he is Mjolnir's son. He made the only decision he could in his situation. Diablo and Havoc have been threatening Mjolnir's life for years to keep Chad and his mom in line. He made a mistake by doing what he did, but he also felt like he had no other choice." I tell them. Their faces go from pissed to shock back to pissed as I was talking. "Mjolnir, my brother?" Mayhem questions in shock. "Yes. He has known since the beginning that he had a child but was afraid of what your father would do. His mother is a daughter and sister to an enemy club. That is what Mjolnir told her, anyway." I replied. "How do we know he isn't lying?" Khaos asks. "I know we can ask Tech to run information to confirm, Hell, have Doc do DNA, but I know he is telling the truth. It was his first request, to protect his mother and Mjolnir, once he found out he wasn't dying today." I respond.