Prison (Part 2)

MJOLNIR POV

     I wake feeling excited, I get to talk to Chloe again and Chad for the first time. I have missed so much of his life; I wish we had given him siblings. Who knows what the future holds but I know I am glad to be able to face it with my whole family. I hope so anyways. I hope Mayhem was able to save Chad and get where he is still a part of the club.

      The door to the cell opens, time for breakfast. "Sit with us today, we have some business to discuss," Vlad demands as we walk. "Okay," I replied. I hear Comanche murmuring behind me. "Everything okay, Comanche?" I ask. "Yeah, just praying to my ancestor's Gods that the food is fit for human consumption today," he replies. I laugh, "I get it. I miss home-cooked food more than pussy and beer." Vlad and Comanche both laugh at that and nod in agreement. As we get our trays, Vlad comments, "Guess your ancestral Gods aren't answering today, Comanche." He bellows out a laugh.

       I follow Vlad to his seat and sit across from him. I like to see the eyes of those I am talking to. I quickly look around to see where allies and enemies are. It's good to see that this table is surrounded by allies. The closest enemies are three tables away. "Done taking in your surroundings? You're very safe here." Vlad insists. "What do we need to discuss?" I ask. "I am confident we have you protected in the laundry, the yard, and showers. I worry about the cafeteria, hallways, library, and media room." he let me know. I nod, "I can work with that. I can make sure in media rooms to sit in the back against the wall surrounded by allies. In the library, go with a few allies and never be alone. I will try to get Officer Shelly or Bell to be my escorts or guards in the hallways. Also maybe ask Shelly who else I can trust for that. The cafeteria does seem like the weakest link. I will just try to keep my head on a swivel here." I express.

     The PA system announces the time for us to head for our jobs or school. I don't know why the fuck they call it a job. Making a whole 40 cents per hour is not a job, that's a fucking joke. I walk into the laundry and see Shelly and Bell on guard duty. Also, I noticed all the workers are allies. Definitely can work with this. I go to the machine closest to Shelly. I know guards can't be seen playing favorites with inmates, so I try to keep our meetings to a minimum. "I think I am pretty guard everywhere, but media rooms, library, hallways, and cafeteria, any guards I can trust there?" I whisper to Shelly. "I have trusted guards everywhere. Your only weak point is the cafeteria," he whispers back. I nod slightly to let him know I understand. I work counting down my time till my call later. I can't wait. We all work in silence. Ten minutes till the end of the shift, Bell approaches Shelly, "I am going to go take a piss, so I am not late for lunch duty." he tells him.

      Just as Bell opens the door, the PA goes off announcing lunch. So, he just stays there holding the door for us. Normally when we walk the hallways, there is a guard in front and one in back, for some reason Bell walks in the back beside Shelly. They spent the whole walk whispering to each other. I watched them as we lined up to get our trays, they seemed to be looking for someone. Vlad waves me over to his table, distracting me from them. Just as I sit a fight breaks out. Shelly and Bell don't head for it, instead, they run my way. Before I can even look for the reason why, Shelly pulls his gun and shoots behind me right over my left shoulder. I felt the wind of the bullet. I turn to see who was shot and why and see Office Douchebag with a hole right between his eyes. It takes me about ten seconds to notice the shank in his hand. He was within five feet of killing me. "Shit, that was close," I say more to myself than anyone. Officers rush in, putting all of us prisoners on the floor. The warden enters. "Officer Shelby, explain to me what happened. Tell me why the fuck, I have a dead officer holding a shank," he demands. "Well sir, Officer Bell went to the restroom earlier and overheard Officer Jackson making a deal with some inmates to start a fight in the cafeteria. He told them the fight would cause a distraction so he could kill inmate 747714 and frame inmate 740648. Taking care of the inmates who started the fight with enemies. So when the fight broke out, Officer Bell and I rushed toward inmate 747714. I saw Officer Jackson within feet of him, coming up behind him. I couldn't have gotten Officer Jackson to tackle and detain him before he killed, so I took the shot." Shelly explained. "Which inmates started the fights?" Rival gangs?" the warden questions. "Yes, they are from rival gangs. The inmates who started the fight are from the gang of The Devil's Disciples. That would be inmates 765432 and 567234." Shelly informs him. " Officer Bell, can you confirm this?" the warden asks. "Yes sir, I can," Bell replies. "Okay, the ones involved in the fight to solitary confinement. The other can return to lunch. The two who started it will get extra charges and move cell blocks. Stop by at the end of your shift to fill out the forms and your statements for both of you. Have a good day, gentlemen" the warden says departing. "Finish eating quickly, so we can get to yard time inmates," Shelly yells. "Thanks for saving my life, officers," I tell them before they walk off. They both smile and nod.

      I am getting more and more nervous as time gets closer to my call. The PA goes off announcing yard time. I decided to spend it with Comanche at the weights. I am trying to work out enough to help my nerves. I do pull-ups, bench presses, and curl weights. I can't believe a fucking guard would chance prison for anything. I mean fuck killing me could have gotten him life or death row. I guess it did get him killed. Asshole. I guess they know about Chad turning on them now or suspect it. At least Chloe and hopefully Chad too, are safe. "I wish they would let us have punching bags," I told Comanche. "Yeah, me too. Hell would probably help take the number of fights down. Less aggression if we could hit something." he responds. "True. I know it would help me right now. After what happened in the cafeteria and shit, I am stressed as fuck." I comment. He nods going back to his workout, and so do I.

     "Hey Collins," Shelly yells, waving me over. "Time for your call soon. I will take you straight to the room when yard time is over." he tells me when I get by him. PA sounds the end of yard time and the start of free time. My nerves come back tenfold. I know I shouldn't be nervous but I am. I walk close to Shelly. After dropping the others off for free time, he leads me to the lawyer's rooms. He hands me his ringing phone again. "Hello?" I answer. "Hey brother, how are you today?" Mayhem asks. "Had a guard try to kill me for the DD at lunch, Shelly killed him. Also nervous hoping for good news about my old lady and son." I responded. "Shit. That was ballsy including a guard in a hit attempt. There is great news about both of them. I will let them tell you though." Mayhem replies. "Hello, my love. I have missed you so much. Chad and I both are here. We both have missed you. The club voted to recognize me as an old lady. Sheila ordered my kutte today. I will proudly wear Property of Mjolnir soon. I  have something to ask you after I tell you what I did." Chloe says. "My love, it is great to hear your voice too. Don't try to come to see me until your brother and his club are dealt with. I don't want you to get hurt. It is long overdue for your kutte. I love you so much. Now what did you do?" I demand worriedly. Sometimes I think she does things without thinking. "There was a week-old baby boy dropped off at the clubhouse today. His mother died to drugs and his dad was Bolt. As you know Bolt was killed for being a rat. Since we both always wanted more children, I volunteered to take and raise him. So Mjolnir, do you want another son with me? Do you want to be his daddy?" she asks. "Mi amor, nothing would make me happier than to have and raise another son with you. So yes I will be his daddy." I tell her happily. "Chad, son are you there?" I questioned. "Yeah, Dad I am here. So now it is my turn for my news. The club voted to let me live for my part in the rat situation and I am still a prospect. I have to be monitored and stay a prospect longer until I earn the trust back, but I am happy. Mom and I can't wait to see you. We both love and miss you." he tells me. I can hear the tears in his voice but he also sounded happy. "Son, I know I have had to watch you grow up through pictures and letters, but I love you just the same. I can't wait to get out and see you. Chloe let Mayhem know if my account is getting low and you need more money. He knows I will pay him back later. Also, what is my new son's name?" I ask. "If she needs it, it is hers, no need to pay me back. She is family." Mayhem speaks. "Jaxson Caleb Collins. I figure we can call him Jax or JC." Chloe says with love. "Sounds great love. I can't wait to meet him too." I say. "Bye, love" "Bye, Dad," my old lady and son say. "Bye love you both." I say back. "I talked to the lawyer today. She seems confident you will get parole in 6 months. Also, we moved the clubhouse. Do you remember the old whiskey barrel factory? I had it remodeled and now we have pretty much a fortress for a clubhouse. I will add the money the club usually gives old ladies while their men are in prison to your account. I will go all the way back till when you first got locked up. Also, your new son is gorgeous." Mayhem rushes out. "You are a way better president than Dad ever was. Thank you for doing that for her. I can't wait to see the new clubhouse. That place is huge from what I remember. I can't wait to see all of my family. I hope it is right about me getting out then but I won't hold my breath. Time is almost up. So I love and miss you, Harley. Hopefully, I will hear from you again soon saying the shit is dealt with. Bye." I say and wait for his response. "Thanks for saying I am better than Dad. I do try my hardest. No thanks are necessary for taking care of the family. The new place is huge and I think you'll love it. I hope she is right too. Hayden, I miss you and love you too. I have help coming to help deal with the trouble so hopefully it will be done soon. Talk to you then. Bye, brother." Mayhem says and I hear a knock on the door through the phone as he hangs up. I hang up and let Shelly know I am done. Free time is over so back to my cell I go. They serve dinner in our cells. Hope it is better than breakfast and lunch were.