Unfamiliar Places and Secrets

IVY POV

     I wake up to the sun shining in through the blinds, hitting me in the face. At first, I sit up and panic, I don't recognize where I am. Did he find me? Then the events of yesterday return. I am still slightly panicked until I hear Sheila talking. I don't hear anyone else so she must be on the phone. I relax just enough to find the bathroom and do my morning routine. I go back into the room I woke in and find my bags. I notice on the clock by the bed it is 10:30 am. Thirteen hours of sleep, damn. I needed it, though. I check my bags. The one has 750 thousand dollars in it. All that is left of my inheritance from my mom. Dean liked spending my money. I am glad I decided to get it all out before I left Florida. It also has a 9mm Smith and Wesson and .38 special snub-nose in it. The others have my clothes. Grabbing clothes, I go back into the bathroom and shower. I get dressed in a pair of skinny ripped jeans and a long-sleeved tee shirt that hangs off my one shoulder. I put on socks and my ankle-high-heeled boots. I let my hair dry naturally into its wavy self. I forgo putting on makeup today.

    I walk downstairs and see Sheila. "Good morning," I say. "Morning," Sheila replies. "How are you today? Here is some breakfast." She says placing a plate of eggs, bacon, and hash browns in front of me. "I am a lot better today. Thank you, for all you have and are doing for me. I can repay you." I replied. "Nothing to repay. I am very happy to help. We need to go to the clubhouse and talk to my husband, today, after you eat. He just has some questions for you. I will be with you the whole time," she states when she notices me shiver. "Okay," I nod. After I finish eating, I washed my dishes and put them in the drain rack. " I am as ready as I will ever be," I tell Sheila. I go to grab my bags but Shiela assures me I won't need them. I nod again in understanding. When we go out she sets the alarm and locks the door. We get in her SUV and head to the clubhouse.

     Even though I am nervous, I follow Sheila into the clubhouse. "The guys must still be in church," she says. I give her a strange look, so she explains they call their meetings church. We got to the clubhouse a little after noon. Sheila tells me to follow her and she would introduce me to some of the girls. We walk into the kitchen, then a red-headed woman grabs Sheila and says, "Mayhem kicked Daisy out last night and banned her. Also, he sent the info to all the allies and sister charters. Did he tell you?" She seemed excited and nervous when she asked. "No, Cherry, he must have forgotten to tell me. It doesn't surprise me that he had to ban her. Daisy just loved to push her luck and other people's buttons," Sheila replies. "Ladies, I want to introduce you to someone, this is Ivy. Ivy, this is Cherry, she is the head sweetbutt. So if any of these four give you problems, let me or Cherry know. These four are sweetbutts, they sleep with all of the single members. That's Scarlett, Lilly, Lola, and Rayne. This is my daughter-in-law and Bear's ol' lady Sadie. This is Emily, she is Gunner's old lady. Last and certainly not least, Grams, she the cook for the club." Sheila tells me. "Hello everyone. I am sorry if I forget names or who is who, I will do my best to remember." I tell them.

       Grams is done with cooking lunch and all of us help carry out the food to set it up buffet-style on a table near the door to the hall. "Ladies go ahead and get something before the men come and eat it all," Sheila says. I get a small plate with some fries and a hamburger with everything. We have finished eating and put our plates in the sink before the big double doors opened. Some of the largest, scariest, and sexiest men I have ever seen, start coming through the double doors. That must be their church room. I try not to stare, only glancing at them. Then he came out. Dirty blonde with a man bun, bluest eyes I had ever seen, tattooed, and totally drool-worthy. His eyes catch mine and I quickly look down trying to hide my blush. I was sitting with Sadie and Sheila, I blush more when they giggle at my response. 

      Three men make their way over to our table after grabbing their food. One has dark peppered hair, a short style, a nice beard, and beautiful blue/gray eyes. I am guessing late 40s to early 50s. Must be Sheila's husband. I think she called him Mayhem. The other has dark hair, medium length on top, tats, the same eyes as Mayhem, in his late 20s, and a smirk aimed at Sadie. Must be Bear. The last is just as good-looking. Dark hair, same eyes, longish hair, and a playboy attitude. I think he is Khaos. He looks only a few years older than me. They sit down at our table and I look around under my lashes at them. I also try to look sneakily for the drool-worthy blonde man. I find him in the back corner by himself, he catches me looking. At first, he looked somewhere between pissed and confused, then he smirked. Damn, if that smirk didn't turn me on and light a fire in my core. Bad Ivy, don't need that right now.