Ties That Bind

MAYHEM POV

      I am glad Fuzz was able to set everything up with Shelly. It was great talking to my brother again. Fuzz has been keeping us updated on him since he went in, but this was better. I decide to make my announcement while Chloe and Chad eat. That way when they are done, we can chat. I watched Tech ankle bracelet them up. I am glad he thought to do that and added the audio components to them. Doc pulls me off to the side. He already heard back. Hands me the DNA results. He is my nephew.

     "Attention everyone, I know we all hate lockdowns and that they can be crowded and inconvenient. Hopefully, something I have been working on for the last few years will be ready in a few days which will help this." I see the confusion on everyone's faces about that part. Literally, no one knows, that I bought the old factory a few years ago and have been making changes to it to make it a clubhouse for lockdown times. It has 60 suites with bathrooms,  40 bedrooms, 66 bathrooms altogether, game rooms, a garage to hide bikes and cars, hidden storage compartments for guns throughout, 4 panic rooms, bulletproof glass, secret passages to the garage from all of the rooms, a library for the kids, and waiting for them to finish the intercom system throughout the building. It will be secure and safe. Surrounded by fencing that we can electrify with a switch. It was a barrel factory for whiskey barrels. Now hopefully it will be like a fortress for us. "I want members to know, a certain prospect and his mother are not to be harassed or touched. Watched, yes but that is all. We will have church tomorrow before lunch. Lunchtime is around 11. Make sure we all try to get along and help each other. We will make it through this like we have all the other lockdowns. We will try to fix the issue and get this lockdown done as soon as we can. Thank you, everyone, for understanding. Remember we are all family," I announce. I pull Cherry and Grams to the side. "Cherry make sure to keep the sweetbutts in line. You know we have had problems in the past during lockdowns. That's when they like to push the limits with the ol' ladies." I remind her. She nods and walks off to talk to them. "Grams, did the prospects get enough food and everything you needed? I sent them shopping earlier." I ask. "Yes, they did a great job. If I need anything else, I will let you know," she informs me. I can't wait for her to see her new kitchen. I set the money aside for this years ago, I got the club to approve a budget of 1.5 million for new buildings and updates. I have managed to keep the budget mostly. I did throw money in, here and there from my splits, but if it makes my club happy, it will be worth it. I will call later to see if they will still be done, and it is ready for us to move there in 24 to 48 hours.

     I see that Chloe and Chad are done eating. I wave them and Sheila over. We go to my office. "I have protection for Mjolnir, so you don't need to worry anymore. I have the Russian mob, 6 other clubs, and guards all watching his back. Also, he is in a new cell block surrounded by them. He said to tell you that he loves you both. Chloe, he wants you to stay safe and not pull anything stupid to try to see him until this is settled. He officially claimed you as his ol' lady today to me too. I have a call scheduled for tomorrow with him and I will get it recorded, to play to the club members. Do you accept his claim?" I ask. "Damn straight I do," she declares proudly. "I will make sure you two are in here when we talk to him tomorrow too. I have things I have to discuss with him, but you will be able to talk too. He will only get 30 minutes, it's the best I can do. Chad, he loves you and understands why you did what you did. He takes some of that blame too. If he had told us about both of you, you could have come to us for help. He is proud of you for taking care of your mother and can't wait to get out and meet you. I can guarantee you will be alive to do that. We haven't officially stripped you of your prospect position. I need to know what you want to do. Do you want to continue to prospect for us? I will warn you that if you do that you will have to keep the ankle bracelet and prospect longer until we trust you. I will fight for you though if that is what you want. Your dad and I talked about it. He wants you happy and supports your decision either way." I told him. He has silent tears streaming down his face and he looks shocked. "Umm yes, I do want to continue to prospect for you. I will do whatever I have to do and agree to whatever terms that let me do that," Chad states proudly, "This place was always like home, and your club like family. Probably why I never could or would do more than confirm info for them. I will do whatever I can from now on to make you and my dad proud to be my family." I don't think there is a dry eye in the room, including mine. "I am already proud to be your family. I may not agree with what you did, and may not agree with all you will do in the future, but it doesn't make me any less proud to have someone as brave as you, as a part of my family. I understand why you did it and may have myself, in your shoes, and that makes you brave. I am damn proud of someone doing the right thing." I choke out through my tears. "Both of you can relax and get settled into your room. I will make sure you are here for the call tomorrow. Relax and get some sleep. It will probably get rougher before it is all over." I say and give both a hug. Sheila nods and takes them toward their room. Tomorrow, I will help him live and keep his position with restrictions. Then we plan for war with the Devil's Disciples.