The Cabin (Part 1)

WOLF POV

     I made it to the cabin pretty quickly. I nearly wrecked several times on my way here. Kept thinking about the angelic redhead with those kiss-me lips. I don't know what her deal is. Yes, I feel like an ass for thinking bad about her before I met her, but it's not like she knew what I had thought. Maybe she did, and she was trying to make me feel bad by shyly smiling and blushing at me. I want to be pissed at her. But maybe she just likes you, my brain keeps interjecting. What the hell was up with Ink too? Blaming me for that woman crying! Really? Could it be my fault? I can't see myself having that much effect on an angel.

    Time to stop thinking about all that stupid shit. I go to the kitchen, grab a bottle of Jack out of the cabinet and get me a big drink. I am still pissed so, I go down to the basement where we have a mini gym set up. I drink Jack and punch the bag until I am worn down enough to pass out. I finally stop thinking about shit and a certain temptress. I head upstairs and take the bottle of Jack to bed with me.

   I wake up to the buzz the perimeter alarm makes to let us know when someone comes here. Safety net along with cameras since we use this place as a safe house. I grumble setting up and knocking over the last bit of Jack. Normally, I would check the cameras and see if it is a welcomed guest or intruder, but since I came here to be alone, whoever it is, is intruding. I heard the front door unlock and the alarm being re-engaged, I guzzled what little bit of the Jack that didn't spill. I am going to probably get in trouble with Mayhem for kicking a brother's ass for bothering me.

     I stumble into the living room still half drunk and see Ice. Well fuck just what I need. "Well, don't you just look like shit?" Ice comments. "Fuck you. I came up here to be alone and straighten up my head. I don't need to impress anyone here, not even myself and definitely not you at 1 am." I respond smartly. "What the fuck do you want anyways?" I ask. "Can't I just come and check on my brother, a good friend? I am worried about you. Before you say you don't need anyone to worry about you, we all care brother." he says when I open my mouth to make a smartass remark. Took the winds right out of my sails. "Thanks, brother, I love you too, but you're still not my type," I reply in true smartass fashion. "Fuck you," Ink replies with a smirk. "I am good. Just need a few days to deal with shit. Is something happening at the clubhouse? With the club? Am I needed back to help?" I inquire. "Nope, nothing going on with the club or the clubhouse, it is just some stuff with Ivy." I cut him off right there rather angrily, "Don't start that shit again about how I am making her cry and affecting her. I haven't even talked to her. I don't want to hear any more of that bullshit. Ink done told me that shit. I don't need anyone else guilt-tripping me." "You may not want to hear it, but she seems to be drawn to you and did cry saying your name. For some reason, she seems to think you hate her and it's all her fault. You matter to her somehow. You may not talk to her, but she watches you as her life depends on it. Think about it, brother. I didn't wait till tomorrow since I heard her crying again saying your name. Then she must have had a hell of a nightmare after she finally fell asleep. I don't think I will ever get her screams out of my head. I had to try with you, to get you to see it. Sorry, brother." Ice tells me. "I need time brother. I can't even think straight. I will be back as soon as I can." I tell him not sure how I feel about all this new information. "Just try not to take too long. I think you can help her more than the rest of us. Maybe she can help you too." he says the last part so low I am not sure he wanted me to hear it.

     After Ice left, I opened a new bottle of Jack and sat on the couch. I started drinking and processing all that he said. You are not good enough for her. You are the devil, and she is an angel. The voice in my head starts. Maybe I am not good enough for her but her presence and smile she shuts you up. I think back to the voice. So, you will use her to shut me up... see you are the devil. Using an angel for your own purpose. It screams at me. I think you are just scared that she can make you disappear forever. I smirk at that thought. I will go back when I know I can handle it. Maybe I am wrong, maybe Ice is right. Maybe she does need me, but she needs me at my best. I think about polishing off the bottle when I get a text from Ink telling me more. I just need to sleep and make sure I am at my best for Ivy. I am not sure where it will go with her, but just maybe the devil in me needs an angel as his own. Maybe our two broken souls need each other to heal and be whole again. Who knows? I know that I will work on figuring this out in a few days. I don't just want but need this time. I need my monster to calm down. Hopefully, everything stays fine at the clubhouse so I can get the time I need. I think to myself as I walk back towards my bedroom to pass the fuck out.