Prison (Part 1)

MJOLNIR POV

      I just returned to my cell, after yard time, when Officer Shelby approached my cell. "You have five minutes to get ready, we are moving you to a different cellblock," he tells me. I was going to ask what was up but noticed the asshole, Officer Jackson, behind him. I know Officer Shelby, or Shelly as I call him, is club-friendly, so I don't worry too much. Five minutes later they return. Office Douchebag, aka Officer Jackson, says against the wall and interlace your fingers behind your back. I comply, but he still gets a few cheap shots where he can. I know he is loyal to the Devil's Disciples, so it doesn't surprise me. Shelly yells at him, "Any more cheap shots to our prisoner and you will be out of here. I am your superior and have written you up multiple times for this shit. You go and send Officer Bells to help move the prisoner." Office Douchebag stomps off like a toddler. 

     When he is out of earshot, "Okay don't have much time but you're going to cellblock D. You will have a cell to yourself. After 10 minutes of dropping, you off, I will come to get you to take you to a lawyer's room with my phone. You will have 20 minutes for your call then, I will have to take you back." He whispers quickly before Bell shows up. "We are taking him to cell 18 on D block," Shelly tells Bell when he shows. "Okay let's go, Collins," Bell says. He's not too bad of a guard. No one has been able to buy him, and he doesn't play favorites.

     When we reach my new home, I notice my new neighbors. I have Vlad, a Russian mafia don, who was busted for tax evasion on one side. He may be in prison, but no one touches him, and he still runs the show. The other side is Comanche, he is an enforcer for The Lost Tribe. I am worried that Shelly couldn't stop something the DDs set up to fuck me. Comanche speaks first, "I don't know what your president did to set it up, but you have our protection in here." My jaw hit the floor. "I know what he did for me. My daughter has protection now to go to college. Her biggest dream came true. So, you also have our protection." Vlad cuts in, "From my understanding it uses two, and our people, Black Hearts, Rebel Brotherhood, Rough Creed, Dragon Ryders, and Skull Splitters all going to protect your ass. You are probably one of the safest persons in here along with any of your new or existing members in here." Vlad adds. "Same from what our club agreed," Comanche states. "Thank you both. I guess I will find out soon what happened for me to need all of this, but I am glad to have the help." I replied. "We gotta stick together. Our kind of groups." Vlad agrees.

     Shelly returns and escorts me to what should be a lawyer meeting room. Means no cameras or audio in there and soundproof. He hands me his ringing phone and goes to stand guard outside the door. "Hello," I answer, not sure who is calling me. "Great to hear your voice again, brother," Mayhem responds. "Damn, it is great to hear yours too. I have missed you, brother. What's happening that I need so much protection, brother?" I ask with a smile. "Let me start off with, you have a brave ol' lady if you claim her, and son, if they aren't lying," he replies. My heart races and I start to panic. "Whatcha mean, brother?" I ask, playing stupid about my family. "I can hear the panic in your voice, Haden. Calm down. I am not Dad, but I need to know the truth from you. Your son did something stupid but maybe for the right reasons. The truth could save his life." Mayhem declares. Hoping with all that is in me that the "I am not dad" comment saves them, I calmed down. "The truth is Chloe is mine. I claim her as my ol' lady. Chad is my son. You know Dad and a few others would have gunned for them. I should have told you and everyone when the ones loyal to Dad and Dad died. I really hope you aren't lying to me, Harley. What did my son do? I don't want my son dead before I have even met him." I honestly reply. "Your son was confirming information that Bolt passed onto Diablo. He did it to save you and money for his mom's treatments. I didn't kill him like we usually do rats because he didn't pass the info himself. Also, he gave us information on the DDs. With this new information, I know that the club will vote to spare him. I am just not sure they will let him continue to prospect. Are you okay with that?" Mayhem asks. "I hate that my son had to do that. I believe he thought he had no other choice. Their club knew everything on their side and my club was in the dark. That is my fault. I want my son to live. If he can and wants to continue to prospect even if it is longer than normal time, that would make me extremely happy. If I had told everyone before or as soon as I could have, he could have come to you for money and protection for me. And damn brother, you have got me the best protection money, favors, and debt forgiveness that can be bought. I guess that means you and the club don't hate me for this shit." I state. "No, we don't hate you. We all love and miss you, brother. I will see what Chad wants to do and go from there on his prospect position. Hopefully, we will be seeing you soon. Watch your back even with the extra protection. You know they will be trying for you once they know Chad turned on them and they can get to Chloe or him. I love you, brother. Talk again tomorrow, brother, to let you know what the club says. Then I will call again after all this is handled. Already set it up with Shelly." Mayhem assures me. "Love you too, brother. Take care of my woman and kid. Tell them I love them too. Tell Chloe not to try to sneak and see me until it is all handled. Talk to you tomorrow. Let the club know how sorry I am and how important he is to me, and his prospecting is too if he wants it." I responded. We say our goodbyes as Shelly knocks to let me know the time is up.

      "I will get you again tomorrow after yard time for the call. I can clear you 30 minutes for that one. I have all the guards I trust watching your back too." Shelly tells me. "Thanks, man. I owe you big time." I reply. As he puts me back in, he says, "Nah, I owe Fuzz big time, and this just goes toward paying him back a debt I can never fully repay." Tonight, I will get the best sleep I have gotten in nearly 19 years. I have hope for the future and I am happy.