A Plan

INK POV

     I watched Ivy run for the parking lot with tears in her eyes. What the hell is that about? I think to myself. I see the other women head toward the kitchen. I want a snake and drink so I follow. When I get close, I heard them talking. They were talking about us and Ivy so I stop. I stay out of sight and decide that's the best way to know what happened. I groan at Grams thinking we wouldn't help that beautiful little lady. I realize if Grams did quit cooking for us, we would starve. Or most of us would. Wow, Ivy and Wolf. Might be good for him. Help him learn to cope with life. I think. I will wait for that asshole to come back down.

      When I hear footsteps coming, I know it's Wolf. I go by the bottom of the stairs. "Great job dumbass," I said to Wolf while patting his shoulder. "I heard you ran like your ass was on fire from the first woman who has smiled at you in years," I smart off.  Wolf growls in response. He looks toward the Prez's booth. She is gone. "She left out of her looking defeated, embarrassed, and crying a few tears. I heard Sadie telling Emily, she is pretty sure it was because of you," I continued. He growls again. I know I may be his closest friend. Just one of the few, he doesn't always want to kill and I know I am pushing it. Wolf shoves past me. I watch him go out to his bike, quickly strap his bag down, and speed out of the lot. The way he's heading must be going to the cabin, I shrug at that thought.

     I head to the parking lot to check on Ivy. I thought about knocking on the window but heard soft sobbing, I figure she still needs some time to herself. I head back inside and to my room for a quick nap before dinner.

     I woke up a few hours later to a ding from my cell. "Wolf at the cabin for a few days. Doesn't seem to be handling the new girl here well. Bring your ass and Ivy down for dinner. She is still here and in the empty room by Wolf's dorm. May have you check on Wolf in a couple of days." says the text from Mayhem. Well fuck, I think getting up. I go to Ivy's room and knock. No answer. I try knocking again and still no answer. I try the knob and it is unlocked. I open it and say hello, trying not to startle her or see her naked. No response, so I started to look around for her. I finally spotted her curled into a ball in the middle of the bed. "Ivy," I say, shaking her shoulder lightly. She grumbles and moves some but doesn't wake. "Ivy, time for dinner," I try again, shaking her a little harder. She wakes up and lets out a quiet scream. "Shit. I am sorry, Ivy. I knocked and said your name multiple times. I didn't mean to scare you. It's just me, Ink. It's time for dinner." I state feeling like shit. "It's okay. I was having a bad dream anyways." Ivy replies looking embarrassed. "It's okay sweetheart. Ready to walk with me down for dinner?" I ask. She nods.

     "Smells great Grams," I say as we go to sit down. Ivy sits by me. "This is amazing, Grams," Ivy says after a few minutes. "Thanks." Grams says with a small smile. I notice Ivy keeps trying to look around sneakily and frowning during dinner. She smiles half-heartedly and responds when asked questions, but it is obvious she is looking for someone. "Looking for Wolf?" I ask curiously. I mostly asked to see if the women were right about her liking Wolf. Ivy instantly blushes and after looking like a fish out of water with her mouth, she finally manages to respond. "I... I don't know what you're talking about." she stammers out. "Since you're as red as a tomato, I think you do." I tease. Amazingly she gets redder but gives me a small smile. She doesn't say anything else, but it confirms to me that the girls were right. "He comes off as an ass sometimes, a little rough around the edges, but he is a great guy" I tell her. Ivy blushes again but gives me a slight nod. Yup, definitely going to have to go talk to that asshole. Not going to let him cause her more harm of any kind. "Well, he is not here. He went out of town. Might not see him for a few days." I tell her so she won't keep looking for him. Her face falls at that news. "Is it because of me?" Ivy asks in a small voice. "No," I told her. For the rest of dinner, she is quiet and looks lost. "Goodnight," she tells us all once done. I noticed the tears in her eyes and the broken look on her. I know she doesn't believe that she isn't the reason he left. I follow her up and hear her crying and mumbling to herself that of course who would be interested in someone like her? That settles it.

       I go back downstairs and look for Mayhem. I hope I catch him before he turns in for the night. They are staying here tonight. I finally spot him saying his goodnight to everyone. "Prez!" I yell to get his attention. He looks up and I wave him over, he nods to let me know he understands. When he approaches I have him follow me to his office. "Do you have anything for me to do the next few days?" I ask. "Why?" Mayhem asks. "I think it would be best for Ivy, if I straighten Wolf out sooner rather than later," I reply. "Fuck, she has a thing for him, doesn't she?" he asks. I nod "I am not sure what it is, but I noticed she looked for him all through dinner and heard her crying again after. She said something and his name while doing it." I told him. "Well, shit. I want you to wait until at least until after breakfast tomorrow. Then let Ivy know that you are going to be gone for a bit. She seems to get along with you too." Mayhem states. I nod knowing he is right. I didn't think about if I left tonight too, how that would affect Ivy. Probably would make her feel more rejected. I head up to bed with my plan in my head.