𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

It was 3:15 and they were all more than ready to go home

"Girl ion know why you sitting yo ass in the back like you ain't finna drive" Kameron  pointed out as Celeste was just about to open the passenger door.

"She isn't, I am." Simone said putting her backpack in the back seat then going towards the front of the car to get in the driver's seat.

"Oh no the fuck you not!" Kameron crossed his arms eyeing Simone who had a frown on her face.

"You don't have your drivers license yet. If you crash this one I'm not getting another one. "

"Please don't act like you wasn't driving around with 2 parking tickets 2 weeks ago. I don't need a driver's license to prove I know how to drive." She snatched Kameron's keys out of his hands then proceeded to start the ignition.

Both Celeste and Kameron were older than Simone by a year. Simone was 15 while Celeste and Kameron were 17. Only because they both had late birthdays so they would be counted as Juniors and Simone a sophmore.

"Please don't wreck my shit or I'mma be taking the bus right along with you." Kameron said in a sincere tone. Simone nodded understanding he was dead serious.

"We gotta stop at the liquor store real quick."

"For what?"

"Her drunk mother." Celeste cut in. Simone nodded.

"She still drinking?  That shit gone catch up to her if she don't stop."

"She won't." Simone shrugged lazily. At this point she could care less about what her mom wanted to drink. It was her health she was putting in danger.

"When the last time she drunk at least a cup of water?"

"You know what? That's a funny question I don't even remember myself. " Simone stopped at a red light and occupied herself on her phone.

"Poor woman. I just know she feel like her liver be smoking newports."

"She probably don't got no liver anymore. She been drinking since I was a baby."

"So... What she be drinking when there ain't no liquor?"

"Nothing. Would rather mop the ocean than drink something besides liquor and it baffles me. " Simone laughed at how unhealthy her mother could be just in a span of 15 years.

"She would choose liquor and her raggedy ass boyfriend over me any day. Almost like she gave birth to Hennessy."  She continued to express to the quiet car.
"I got mommy problems."

❦ ❦ ❦

Simone pulled into the liquor store parking lot and shifted the car into park,?turning off the engine.

"What y'all want from the store?"

"Sour patch strings and mango arizona" Celeste said.

"Hot Cheetos with pepsi" Simone eyed Kameron with a worried look on her face

"That's a horrible combo. I hope you get what's coming to you when you gotta use the bathroom."

"It would be worth every second on the toilet to be honest."

Kameron took the keys from Simone to turn the music back on. Simone got out and walked inside the cold store

Simone gave a small wave to the liquor store cashier she would always see there. Going to the liquor store was apart of Simone's daily life so she was very familiar with him.

She walked towards the back of the store where all the liqour was stored. She looked through every freezer to find what she was looking for.

As she was looking for which pack to get, the bell rung indicating someone walked in. Simone had lifted her face up to see who it was. It was a 5'7 boy with a fairly light skintone walked in. Simone couldn't do anything but stare and admire how attractive he was.

He had light caramel skin with big pink lips. He was an average muscular looking boy with big brown eyes that reflected off the light beaming through the stoew. He had a deep dark curls he was feeling through as he walked in the store.

He gave a head nod towards the cashier who did the same in response. He smiled showing his deep dimples.

He towards the back to find some type of juice to sip on. He lifted his head up then turned towards her direction. They locked eyes for a split second but Simone decided to break theveye locking to continue looking for the Hennessy.

Not very satisfied after her useless scavenger hunt fornHennessy she grabbed a random beer. She knew she was finna hear her mother's mouth. She then headed to the candy section getting hot Cheetos, sour patch strings, and milk duds. Then to the soda section to get the drinks.

Simone had focused her eyes straight ahead instead of all around. She was afraid she would unintentionally make eye contact with the him again

"Your total is 10.31" Simone dug in her purse and took out a crisp 20 dollar bill

Simone was about to hand the money in until somebody stopped her.

"Nah, I got it shorty." The boy walked up and gave the cashier 2 100s. "Keep the change.

"Thank you." Simone muttered grabbing the black plastic bag. The boy nodded his head upwards.

Simone quickly walked out the store. Getting back inside the car she turned the volume down.

"Second time in a row. You not driving my car nomo" Kameron mugged Simone who rolled her eyes .

"Tell me why... this cute ass boy just paid for all my stuff." Simone squealed of excitement

"Who?" Celeste eagerly looked out the window waiting for a boy to walk out

"Him" Simone lowly pointed her finger at the same boy walking out the store.

"Hold awn...he got a Bentley! What occupation he got?"

"Doctor." Celeste randomly guessed.

"He don't look like no fucking doctor."

"Lawyer, Engineer.. You know them high paying jobs."

"He doesn't look like neither."

"He looks way too young to be any of them." Simone added with her eyes still fixed on him.

"He must've stole it outta somebody garage then."

".... Y'all ever thought about how his parents could've bought it?" Simone  asked sarcastically. It would be the most legit answer that somebody else bought it it for him.

"If that's the case then I wonder what his parents do!" Kameron munched on his hot Cheetos as he was brainstorming ideas.

"Imagine if he was living like the Huxtables."

"The Huxtables kinda poor compared to Phil and Vivian Banks though." Celeste shrugged at her theory she just made up.

"Celeste." Kameron called for her making her stop halfway through her thoughts. "What?"

"I think it's best if you walk the rest of the way home." Celeste straight faced him. Simone already knew this was going to lead to an argument between the two, so she turned the volume all the way up that way she couldn't hear them go at each other.

❦ ❦ ❦ ❦

CHAPTER REWRITTEN AND EDITED

N/A