CHAPTER 9 - DEJA VU

HER

"No Anna, I'll manage, it's just a few weeks..." I paced the hotel lobby as anna tried to convince me.

"Shana...why don't you understand? She's my dear friend and her akka lives near your hotel. She had already made the necessary arrangements for you at her akka's place and trust me, you'd love to be there. They are such sweet people."

Rudra anna tried to find me a place in this new city after I told him that I'd be here for a while. But what he requested of me out of love, didn't feel right to me. I couldn't just go to his friend's akka's place and be a burden on someone I didn't even know. As a matter of fact, anna's way of helping me sounded ridiculous. As if he didn't know me, at all.

"Anna. I respect you. But what you're trying to help me with, is only stressing me out further." I nervously said out loud. He went quiet for a few minutes.

"Alright, Suhaana. I won't force you. But it would be polite of you if you could just visit her akka once since she already awaits you. I'll try to explain to them about your situation."

Rudra anna hadn't been sounding himself. But then again, he was trying to be there for me, and doing his best, which I surely didn't agree with.

"Alright, anna. Send me the address and the phone number. I'll make a call before I pay her a visit."

I hung up and sighed. I walked towards my room as my phone chimed. A wide smile spread across my face and I dialed his number.

"Hiiii...." I said, sheepishly.

"Hey." Arjun let out sternly. It made me burst into laughter as an unyielding tone did not suit my best friend.

I laid down on the bed, in my usual stance, with my legs swaying down the bed. My knee hurt a bit, but I felt excited to recite the series of events that took place since I've landed, to him.

All the while I talked, I heard nothing from him, until I was finished.

"Suhaana. So basically. Within 24 hours, you've been hit by a car, taken to the hospital, treated like a VIP, dropped to your hotel, interviewed, selected, and signed a deal with, all by the same man?" I blushed hard.

"And you think, this is a coincidence?"

I sat up straight on the bed. Of course, he would think otherwise, but my heart knew that all of this wasn't preplanned. It was too perfect to be orchestrated.

"Arjun...Yes. It has to be a coincidence."

"What if he's a mafia?"

I laid back on my pillows as I broke into laughter.

"Oh my god, Arjun. You are such a sweetheart." I said, awing his concern.

"We'll see that when he'd abduct you and make you his hostage wife."

"He is such a...he could never...and maybe it'd be...fun...who knows" I let out as my eyes felt heavy and my mind started to drift thinking about Mr. Goody Two Shoes...

"Suhaana? Do you like him? I could feel him being appalled.

"Goodnight Arjun. I got things to do tomorrow...byeeee"

I hung up and hid my face in the pillow. I didn't know the answer to that but if bliss is a feeling, it has to be something around the lines of how he made me feel, or maybe how I felt around him.

HIM

"Ohh myyy Godd, Siddhanth! KEEP ME DOWN! KEEP ME DOWN!" Akka's laughter filled the house as I sprung her in the air, telling her about my day.