Chapter 4

Chapter 4 - Kim Seok Jin ☆ Jin ☆

One day Yujin was strolling down the street when she smelled something delicious from a store not far from where she stood. She walked towards the store and saw a small crowd. She managed to squeeze through and saw a young man cooking some delicious pancake for samples.

"Oppa! I'll buy 2 of those!" A student from her right shouted while holding out some money.

"Thank you for purchasing. Here, take this as my way to say thank you," He flashed a charming smile towards the student which eventually melts the hearts of ladies around him.

Yujin looked down to the boxes displayed on the table and scrutinized one of them. The guy noticed her and offered a small bite sized pancake,"Here. Try this. Once you eat this, you will keep eating."

Yujin put the box down after seeing the price and replied,"No. It's okay."

"It's on sale today. If you don't buy it now, you'll regret," The guy told her.

Yujin just gave a small smile and turned around to walk away from the crowd. The guy watched her walking off but was quickly interrupted by the ladies who wanted to have his attention.

======

Along the way, Yujin was grumbling to herself about the ready-made pancake,"How can that ready made pancake be so expensive?! And it's not even can last a month..."

She then went to the park bench which she usually sat and listened to her music through her mp3. She looked up to the clear blue sky and many things went through her mind. Just then, she felt a drop of water from the sky and the sky is getting darker. Without getting ready to run for shelter, it started to pour and Yujin rushed to the nearest store for shelter.

"The sky was clear just now...it's so weird that it's raining all of the sudden..," Yujin mumbled to herself but looked at the sky worriedly.

Luckily for her, she had her headphones on and she put the music on higher volume to prevent her from hearing the lightning. As she was shivering from the cold rain, someone put a warm jacket onto her body from behind. She turned around and saw a familiar person smiling towards her. She wanted to refuse the jacket but he insisted for her to have it. She saw him opening his mouth to say something and she carefully removed her headphones.

"Aren't you the lady who hesitate to buy our ready made pancakes product?" He asked.

"Uh..You're that guy who did the pancakes for sample, right?" Yujin asked him back.

He nodded and smiled. He then took out something from his small sling bag and handed her a small paper bag.

"What's this?" Yujin asked him.

"Here. Take it. Since we have leftovers, we decided to bring it home. But you can have it, The pancakes are still warm though," The guy handed her the brown small paper bag.

Yujin slowly took it since he insisted. She opened it and the smell wafted through the air. She took a small bite and rounded her eyes, amazed by the taste. The guy who stood beside her, chuckled at her reaction and said,"Tasty huh?"

Yujin gave a slight nod and thanked him for the warm pancakes. The guy then opened his umbrella and seemed to be waiting for someone. He then turned to face her and offered to share the umbrella.

"It's okay. I can wait here till the rain stops," Yujin rejected his offer.

"But the rain is not going to stop anytime soon. Are you sure you want to wait till it -," Before he could finish his sentence, a lighting and thunder flashed across the dark sky and Yujin quickly wrapped her arm towards his arm and buried her face behind his back unknowingly.

Yujin seemed to be scared of the thunder. The guy who was surprised by the physical contact, suddenly felt his heart beating fast. Yujin who just realised what she just did, quickly let go once the lighting & thunder went off.

"I...I'm sorry. I have slight fear of the thunder & lightning..," Yujin apologised.

"Uh..it's okay..Everybody has fears..If you don't mind, I can stay with you till the rain stops," The guy offered to stay behind & sat on one of the two stools hidden behind the boxes.

"Don't worry about me. I..can handle this myself, Don't want to trouble you further. Besides I have my headphones here to help me," She pointed to her headphones and mp3.

"So what songs are you listening to?" He decided to change topic.

"Oh..just some songs..," She briefly answered.

The guy then peered over her mp3 and saw a song he was a big fan of.

"You listen to this song too?" He gasped.

"You too?" Yujin looked a little surprised by the same taste of music.

The guy began to tell some common things to her and she seemed to be amazed.

========

They had sat down and stayed there for quite a while. They didn't seem to notice that the rain had slowly stopped. Yujin looked to the front and smiled with relief while saying,"Finally it stopped."

"Wow...time flies really fast," The guy seemed to sound disappointed.

Yujin then turned to him and said,"Uh..thanks for accompanying me till the rain stopped. I better get going before it rained again. Here's your jacket."

She excused herself and was about to walk off when he rushed in front of her.

"Umm..is there something wrong?" Yujin asked.

"Uh...we..haven't formally introduced ourselves yet..I'm Kim Seok Jin but you can Jin," Jin shyly introduced himself while handin out his hand towars her for a handshake.

Yujin slowly shaked his hand while introduced herself with a smile,"I'm Kang Yujin."

"...Kang Yujin...Nice to meet you...," They smiled at each other while shaking hands for quite a long time.