Chapter 1

Chapter 1 - The Girl

A girl was strolling down the empty streets to her home, not knowing what she will expect later on. As soon as she reached home, she heard shouts.

"WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT MY WORK?!?! ALL YOU DID IS JUST STAY AT HOME, DOING NOTHING!" Her dad shouted at her mom who was standing in front of him.

"Did YOU know what YOU WORK is ILLEGAL?!" Her mom said in anger.

"ILLEGAL?! HAH! If I didn't get that job, we don't have any money to feed for OURSELVES!" Her dad looked irritated towards her.

"Umma..appa..I'm home..," The girl said to them but they ignored her as they were too uptight with their usual fights.

The girl just rolled her eyes and tried to stop them as her mom was pregnant for about 6 months,"Umma, didn't the doctor say not to get angry often. It'll affect the baby and Appa, please consider about Umma's condition."

"But YOUR UMMA keep angry with me for nothing! I didn't work, she complaint! I work she also complaints!" Her dad looked frustrated.

"But WHAT You are working NOW is illegal! YOU only bring harm to OUR family! Don't you think about Yujin? She work while studying to pay off YOUR DEBTS! " Her mom scoffed.

Suddenly, her dad pushed her mom hard until she fell to the floor and hit the table's edge with her back. Yujin was shocked and went to her mom's aid who was in pain. She looked at her dad and started to lose patience,"Appa!"

"That is what you got for lecturing me!" Her dad rolled his eyes with anger. Her mom suddenly felt pain on her stomach and was groaning. Yujin was in a state of shock and saw blood flowing to her legs. Then, her mom fainted and Yujin called her dad,"Appa...something wrong with Umma.."

Her dad looked down and widened his eyes in shock. He rushed over to her and tried to wake her up but she did not respond. He then turned to his daughter to call for ambulance.

============================================

In the hospital, her mom was rushed to be warded in the emergency room while Yujin and her dad waited outside anxiously. A few hours later, the light of the emergency sign went off and the doctor came out. Yujin and her dad rushed to the doctor and asked about her condition. The doctor put his hand on her dad's shoulder and said,"I hope you are prepared to what I am about to say. I'm sorry but we couldn't save your wife as well as your baby."

Upon hearing that, Yujin dropped to her knees and tears started to welled up on her eyes. Her dad stood there, feeling downcast and had a sudden guilt. Yujin then thought of what her dad had did before and stood up. She then turned to him and cried,"Appa! It's your fault!! You did this to Umma!!! You're a murderer!!!"

Her dad let Yujin hit him hard on his chest as he cried with regret. After Yujin hit her dad a couple of times, she went to sit on a chair and cried her heart out.

============================================

During the funeral, a few came for her mum's death. Yujin maternal grandparents were crying upon seeing their daughter's picture and kept blaming Yujin's dad. Yujin can't help but to cry. Her grandmother turned to Yujin and started to get angry,"If it was not for you, my daughter won't be marrying that useless bum! Look at what that useless bum did to my daughter!! Ever since she bring you into this world, all the bad luck follow her around!! My precious daughter died before we did..."

Her grandmother pinned the blame onto Yujin and she just held back. Her dad was not with her. Just then, Yujin received a call and she went to pick it up. Her eyes widened and she felt as if her heart had stopped. She dropped her phone and couldn't believe what she just heard.

"Good evening. I'm the neighbourhood police. We got this number from this man's phone and I believe he is your father. His name is Kang Rijun. We believe he commited suicide.."

She started to cried her heart out which left her maternal grandparents as well as the visitors wonder.

==============================================

A few years later-

Yujin went to attend college after paying off the debts and saved some money for the school fees. In college, Yujin was known as mysterious girl as no one knows much about her. Sometimes they called her funny names to humour her but she just ignored them. And after school, she would work in a clothing shop till 4AM and only took 3 hours of sleep in a small house that she had rented after her parents' death. That's her life. Not knowing what tomorrow will be.