Chapter 45

Yujin finally reached her destination

Yujin finally reached her destination. She breathed in the fresh air and looked at her surrounding. She then followed the crowd heading towards the arrival gate. As she was walking along the aisle, she saw numerous people with placard. Yujin opened up her email and mumbled a name. Beside the name, was a man's picture which would be guiding her through her school dormitory. She then looked up and tried to search the face. As she scanned through, she noticed a familiarised face. She double checked the picture in her email and the man who was standing a few distances away from her.

"Mr. Thomas?" Yujin clarified his name while scrutinizing his face.

"Miss Yujin?" Mr. Thomas pointed out.

She nodded and both of them shooked hands excitedly. Mr Thomas led her to the car and helped her with her luggage.

Mr Thomas then started his engine and asked her a few questions.

"Miss Yujin, how long will you be here?" He asked while driving to her dormitory.

"About 2 years. Is the school dormitory far from here?" Yujin asked.

"Not really. But before that, I was asked to bring you for lunch. Try the local food here," Mr Thomas smiled.

"Okay. It's going to be lunch time anyways," Yujin smiled back.

While they were talking in the car, they stopped at one of the cafe in the city. Both of them stepped out of the car and approached the cafe together. Mr Thomas opened the cafe door for her and she stepped in, amazed by the interior design of the cafe. She then talked to him with a whisper tone,"Are you sure they just opened 6 months ago?"

"Yes. I am sure. This cafe is quite new but it is always full with customers as compared to the other cafes and restaurants here," Mr Thomas gave a thumbd up.

Just then, a korean pop song came out. She started to smile widely as she knew this hottest song : "Girls' Generation - Party." They went to sit at the only vacant seats that they saw. A waiter came over and handed them the menu. She flipped it open and was awed by the menu. She looked towards Mr Thomas and asked when she saw familiarised korean food names,"Is this a korean cafe? I thought you said it served local food?"

"Well, they sold korean food plus local food here. Maybe you can taste the local food here first. After that, you can try the korean food," Mr Thomas suggested.

"Good idea," She agreed and scrutinized the menu carefully.

After a few minutes, Mr Thomas ordered for their food through the waiter. They then continued to talk about the city and the people here. Yujin listened intently. After 10 minutes, the food arrived and they began to dig in. Yujin seemed to like the local food here and cleared her food. She then ate the dubbokki that she had ordered and felt like she's in Korea. Mr Thomas saw her expression and said,"Seemed like you like the korean food here too. Lucky for you, I heard a Korean chef made this."

"Really?" She sounded amazed.

After they were done, Mr Thomas decided to pay for the food while she went to the washroom. A while later, she came out from the washroom and did not look to where she was going as she was too busy looking for her phone in her bag. Just then, she accidentally0 bumped her shoulder into someone. Both of them stopped whatever they were doing and decided to apologise to one another when Yujin froze on the spot. The person in the front too, froze.

Then at the same time, they called each other's names. Then at the same time again, they asked one another the same question. Realizing how in sync they were, both of them started to chuckle.

"You first," He said.

"V, it's been so long that I've seen you. How have you been?" Yujin sounded excited.

"I'm...good as you can now. What are you doing? Is...Jungkook here too?" V asked while looking around for the maknae.

"No. He's not here. I'm with someone else," Yujin told him.

"....You've..broken up with...Jungkook?" V slowly widened his eyes.

"N-No. I mean I'm with a tour guide. My relationship with Jungkook is still going strong," Yujin said.

"Tour guide? Are you on a holiday?" V looked surprised.

Before she could reply, Mr Thomas walked over and wondered what happened. Then he looked to who in front of her and seemed familiar with V. V and Mr Thomas looked happy to see each other and embraced one another. They then pulled away from they embrace.

"Hey, you're here! Where have you been for the past 2 weeks?" Mr Thomas slapped his back lightly.

"I've got exams. Need to study them and excel or I'll get a lecture at home for my "not-good" results," V jokingly said.

""Not-good" results? From what I've heard, you have excelled way better than the rest in school," Mr Thomas bragged about V's results.

Yujin looked confused at their relationship and both V and Mr Thomas noticed that.

"Mr Thomas, Yujin's my friend before I migrated here," V introduced.

"Ah...So both of you know each other? Wonderful!" Mr Thomas looked elated.

"How did you know V, Mr Thomas?" Yujim asked him.

"I'm a loyal customer and a good friend who always bring business to this cafe," Mr Thomas put his hand on V's shoulders which V agreed on his words.

"....Bring business to this...cafe...?...," Yujin's brain tried to process what she had heard.

After pondering for a few seconds, her eyes widened and looked towards V.

"YOU OWN THIS CAFE?!" Yujin gasped.

Her voice was quite loud which made everyone looked at her direction. She then quickly hid her face with her hand due to embarrassment. She then slowly looked up to V and talked softly," So you're the boss here?!"

"...I wouldn't say I'm the boss...More like...managing this cafe," V paraphrased the sentence.

She then slapped her own forehead lightly and said softly,"It's the same thing!"

Both V and Mr Thomas saw the epic reaction and laughed. Yujin saw how they laughed at her and decided to calm down. She adjusted her clothes and her hair.

"Well, you are off to a good start, Miss Yujin," Mr Thomas smiled.

"...Why?" Yujin raised one eyebrow.

"The campus is near to this cafe. So if you need anything, you can ask him for help. Besides...," Mr Thomas looked at V then to Yujin and continued said,"Both of you won't be lost around here as long as you have each other."

"You will be attending Everstone University?" V asked.

"You too?" Yujin questioned back.

"I've already in that campus for 6 months," V showed 6 fingers.

"What a coincidence...," Yujin was surprised but relieved at the same time.

"Yeah...Coincidence indeed...," V could not seemed to process the whole thing.

Mr Thomas then looked at his watch and told her to hurry to the campus dormitory.

"I'll see you soon, Yujin shii," V waved goodbye.

"Okay! See you," Yujin hurried to the car with Mr Thomas.

Inside the car, Yujin kept thinking the coincidences she had with V. However among all these, she somehow felt relieved. Finally, someone she was familiar with to study in University.