Chapter 41

Jungkook and Yujin ran as fast as they could and hid in the dark alley. He then put her against the wall and covered her with his body. Both of them were panting after the run. Just then they heard running footsteps and they quickly took cover. Yujin could feel his breathings and looked up. Jungkook who was worried about her coincidentally looked down to her face and both of their eyes came into contact. He then leaned closer but she quickly looked away and said,"I think they're gone now.."

Feeling disheartened, Jungkook stepped back and looked out. Yujin dusted off her clothes and adjusted her hair.

"Umm..Thank you for helping me," Yujin said, feeling hot suddenly.

Jungkook kept glancing secretly at her till she decided to leave the dark place. He quickly grabbed her hand and closed his eyes tightly while asking,"Can we...get back together...?"

Yujin's heart beat even faster at those words. Jungkook continued again,"...I miss you.."

And those words really impacted her. She suddenly thought of her parents that had passed away a long time ago. Those exact words which she had mumbled every night before she went to sleep. Tears started to fall down to her cheeks and she quickly wiped them off before he noticed them. She slowly let go of his grip and said,"...I don't want something to happen again like that day in Maldives..It's better for us to cut ties and start to be strangers.."

Once Jungkook heard that, he frowned and rushed to give her a backhug. She was utterly shocked by his actions.

"I don't want you to go...I want you to be by my side always like how we used to be last time...," Jungkook pleaded.

He then turned her around and looked into her eyes earnestly.

"...I love you..Yujin shii," Jungkook confessed sincerely.

Yujin looked at him and he sounded sincere. She seemed hesistant and thought of her current life and his friends. She looked down and cried softly,"You deserved a better girlfriend than me..Just for-"

Before she could finish her sentence, he planted his lips onto hers. She struggled but soon after she was hynotized by his gentle kiss. He slowly wrapped his arms around her waist and brought her closer to him. Just then, something white and cold fell onto them. They slowly parted their lips and looked up to the sky.

"...It's snowing...," Yujin mumbled softly.

Jungkook curved a smile and looked at her while saying,"...The first snow with you.."

Once she heard that, she moved her eyes to his face. Both of them set their eyes onto each other. Jungkook then leaned closer to her and gave her a light forehead kiss. He then caressed her face and smiled.

==========

Both Yujin and Jungkook were walking together on the streets. Yujin felt the most uncomfortable after the kiss and Jungkook noticed how uncomfortable she looked. Snow kept falling down from the sky and slowly the air became cold. Yujin put both her hands inside her skirt pockets for warmth. Seeing how cold she felt, Jungkook suddenly grabbed her hand and brought her to a clothing store. He chose a complete set for the cold weather and handed them to her.

"Wear these now," Jungkook said to her and pushed her lightly to the dressing room.

As she was changing, Jungkook went to buy himself a set of warm clothes and changed too.