Chapter 9

☆Jungkook & Yujin☆

At home, Kang Yujin kept thinking what happened in the library. She tried to shake the thoughts off and focused on her revision.

=====

In BTS house -

Suga was in his room, scanning through his photos that he took the other day in school. As he was sorting out his photos, he came across Kang Yujin's photos. He looked at her picture and smiled to himself. The look at her eyes seemed genuine and had the innocent look. Just then there was a knock on his door and he quickly hid the photos to one of his books and turned around to see J-Hope & Jimin walking in.

"Yo, brother!" J-Hope greeted him in Western way.

"Yo~What are you guys doing here?" Suga asked.

"Just to see what hyung is up to alone in your room," Jimin peered over Suga's photos.

"I was sorting out the students' photos that I took that day. I'm nearly done," Suga told them.

"Good! Cos I have something to tell you," J-Hope lie on his bed.

"Hyung, are you gonna brag about the girl you just met that day?" Jimin asked.

"Well, yeah. What else? Suga, I'll tell you this girl that I met is totally my style! She got all the traits that is close to my ideal type. The way..," J-Hope thought of Kang Yujin while describing her features to Suga.

"J-Hope has talked about her since yesterday..," Jimin whispered to Suga.

"Maybe she might be the one for him," Suga chuckled silently without knowing that it was the same girl that he likes at first sight.

========

Meanwhile, Jungkook just came home. He went straight into the kitchen to get a glass of water. He saw Jin cooking something up for dinner. Jungkook approached him from behind and peered over his shoulder while asking,"Jin hyung, what are you making?"

"Kimchi fried rice. So how's your new school?"Jin asked, somewhat had the "mother feel."

"Good," Jungkook smiled and leaned against the toptable beside Jin.

Jin saw him smiling to himself and asked again,"Something good must have happened today to make you smile from ear to ear."

"It's obvious huh?" Jungkook turned to him and couldn't help to smile more.

"What is it this time?" Jin switched off the stove since it's cooked & stood beside Jungkook while folding his arms across his chest.

"There's this girl classmate of mine that attracted me...I don't know hyung..She..seemed different unlike other girls that I met before..," Jungkook told him.

"Love at first sight?" Jin nudged his shoulder.

Jungkook chuckled lightly while thinking of that morning in the library.

"Why don't you invite her to our house? I am so curious as to how she can get your 'steel' heart to soften to be attracted to her. All this while, none of the girls that confess their love for you, attracted you..," Jin remembered the one time the confessions that their maknae received.

"Maybe I can invite her one day but I want to get to know her first," Jungkook decided to take step by step to approach Yujin.

======

The next day in school, Kang Yujin was strolling down the school hallway. She was about to enter the school's cafeteria when she was blocked by Jungkook.

"Yes...? May I know what do you want..?" Kang Yujin asked politely.

"About yesterday..-" Jungkook cleared his throat while positioned himself to stand still and tried to make a proper sentence.

Kang Yujin remembered about his confession and looked at him. Jungkook waited for her answer.

"Ah...that..I've forgotten about it. You're just playing a joke on me, right? I didn't take it too hard," Kang Yujin said.

"Ah..really..?" Jungkook felt somewhat disappointed.

Kang Yujin excused herself and walked into the cafeteria, leaving him there. Jungkook turned and watched her, buying snacks while muttering,"But..I really am serious about yesterday though.."

In class, Jungkook kept staring at Yujin which made her uncomfortable. He rested his head with the support of his hand on the table and watched her taking down notes. Yujin glanced at him and he still looking at her while smiling. When the lesson was over, she packed her books and was about to leave her table when Jungkook grabbed her wrist. Yujin looked at him and he looked at her in the eyes.

"Let's go somewhere," Jungkook suggested.

"Ooh lee uh dee gah?(Where are we going?)" Yujin asked.

"Ttarawa (Follow me)," Jungkook pulled her hand which made every girl in the class gasped at their skinship.

Jungkook brought her out from school since their school just ended. Jungkook brought her a cafe situated near to their school. He ordered their drinks while she sat down. A few minutes later, Jungkook came with two lattes and gave it to her. He then sat across her and said with a smile,"Okay. Let's start."

"...Start what...?" Yujin looked confused.

"Let's get to know each other. I know you seemed flustered by my confession yesterday. So let's take it slow. So Kang Yujin shii, tell me about yourself."

Yujin looked at him who was waiting patiently for her answer. She seemed hesitant to tell about herself and stood up. Jungkook looked up and asked,"Waeyo?"

"I..I need to leave. I have other things I need to do now..," Yujin excused herself to avoid his question.

Jungkook grabbed his wrist again but she did not turn around.

"Kang Yujin shii, I really mean it by every word I said yesterday," Jungkook said in serious tone without looking at her.

Kang Yujin's heart seemed to stop at that very moment.