Chapter 55

Yujin touched up her makeup and took a deep breath

Yujin touched up her makeup and took a deep breath. She then practiced her vocals and looked into the mirror while saying, "Hwaiting!" When she's ready, she walked to the backstage and waited for the 2nd performers to end. As soon as the interview ended with the 2nd group of performers, the lights on the stage went out. Yujin walked towards behind the screen and stood in front of the microphone. She cued the staff and the song started. She softly sang the song with her gentle voice. The lights slowly lit up with the screen slowly opened to reveal her. She sang with passion while the audiences swayed to the music.

Song - 'Through the Night' by IU

Meanwhile, in the BTS dressing room.. RM and Jin were watching the performances on the TV from the stage.

"Isn't that... Yujin?" RM nudged Jin's shoulders lightly.

"Y.. Yeah.. Jungkook ah! It's Yujin on stage!" Jin called out the maknae.

Jungkook as well as the rest of the members turned back and were utterly surprised by her appearance on stage.

"She's pretty..," J-Hope awed.

"Her singing vocals... were beautiful..," Jimin was impressed and closed his eyes to sway to the song.

"Did you know about this Taehyung ah?" Suga asked him.

"...No.. She never say anything until now..," V watched her singing intently while answering his question.

Jungkook watched her perform without blinking his eyes. He was too immersed to her singing till he forgot to touch up his makeup.

Yujin then transitted to sing another song - 'Dear Name' by IU

The audiences seemed to understand the lyrics of the song as she had asked the staff to show the meaning of the lyrics on the screen. A few of the audiences had tears welled up as they felt the earnest meaning of the song. The BTS members kept complimenting her performances till Suga asked Jungkook, "How about you sang a duet with Yujin later?"

They turned to Suga and then to Jungkook.

"She won't do it.. It's too sudden," Jungkook said.

"How about 'If You' by Big Bang? Both of you had sang that before a year ago at our mini concert," RM reminded him.

"Yeah.. That song fits both your voices, " Jimin encouraged Jungkook.

Jungkook thought for a while and looked up to the TV where Yujin was about to sing the last cover song.