Chapter 22

In class, every girls were being distracted by a group of guys outside while the teacher was teaching some important facts for the upcoming exams. Kang Yujin, however, was not distracted and still focused on the lesson.

Meanwhile outside the class, the BTS members were peering through the windows to watch Yujin studying.

"Well..look at her..She's so pretty when she's focused on the lesson," J-Hope sighed dreamingly.

"Our maknae is so lucky to study in the same class as her," RapMonster watched Jungkook who was also focused on the lesson.

Just then, without them realizing, someone tapped on Jimin's shoulder as he was behind all his hyungs. Jimin just shrugged off as he was too focused on Yujin.

"Gentlemen, may I know what are you doing outside this class?" The principal of the school eyed them as they appeared not wearing the same uniform as the rest of the students.

The BTS members stopped whatever they were doing. They did not dare to turn around as they knew whose that voice belonged to.

"Gentlemen?" The principal waited for their reply and would not budge until he hears all of their replies.

Knowing that not one person dared to step up, Jin unvoluntarily turned around and saw the principal's fierce look. He swallowed hard and stuttered,"Si..Sir...We..we are just wondering..what...was happening in class.."

The rest of the members who heard that, gave Jin a wierd look.

V whispered to Jin with arms folded across,"Hyung..? That's our excuse? Really?"

Meanwhile the principal peered through the window and said,"Seems pretty normal to me except those girls who were staring at you instead of concentrating on the lesson."

The principal eyed them and all of them gulped. Suga quickly said before srambling off to get out of trouble,"Oh! I guess we have no business here. Guess we should go off now!"

The rest followed running off while the principal watched them running away towards the exit. He then looked back at the window and the girls who were not focusing on the lesson before, quickly turned their heads on the teacher. After that he walked to his office and said to himself,"Boys.."

========

The BTS members were panting when they reached the outside of the school building.

"Suga hyung, pretty smooth out there," J-Hope panted.

"That principal officially scares me,"Jimin shrudded.

"Let's just head home," RapMonster said after catching his breath.

They agreed and walked home. As a matter of a fact, they actually have recording to do after this.

========

In school, the students were having break. Jungkook had been sticking close to Yujin which made the girls kind of jealous but made Yujin uncomfortable.

"Jungkook shii, don't you have anywhere you want to go during breaks?" Yujin asked him who was sitting across her in the cafeteria.

"Nope," Jungkook answered.

Just then, the coolest girl group approached them. In fact, they were actually walking towards Jungkook.

"Hi, Jungkook shii," The leader of the group, Haeryong, called his name with sweet voice.

Jungkook looked up and said hi back. Without any invitation or asking for permission, the girls sat on their table and squeezed Yujin who was sitting in the middle.

"Jungkook shii, I am organizing a birthday party and I want to invite you to my fabulous party," Haeryong asked.

"When is it?" Jungkook asked.

"This weekend, 7pm. The theme will be Masquerade," Haeryong told him the details.

"Sounds cool," Jungkook said with insincere tone.

"I'll give you my address and my phone number...just in case you're lost when finding my house," Haeryong hinted with a seduce wink before going off with her girls.

Jungkook looked at the address and her phone number for a brief moment. Then, he crushed the paper and threw it aside which startled Yujin.

"Why are you throwing that?" Yujin asked in disbelief.

"What?..This? I don't need it," Jungkook told her.

"What?" Yujin  did not seem to understand what he meant.

"I'm not going," Jungkook sounded resolute.

"Why?" Yujin asked him.

"...You looked like you're not going..so am I," Jungkook looked at her.

Yujin's eyes came in contact with him and he looked serious. Yujin then quickly looked away and looked down at her food while saying,"I got work that night. Plus I'm not invited to that kind of parties."

Jungkook saw how downcast she looked. She then continued while standing up with her tray,"You should go. She's expecting you. Besides, I heard it will one of her biggest parties. And you get to hang out with the coolest people there."

"Biggest party or not, I'm still not going. And that's final," Jungkook stood up too but left her, feeling pressured by how she forced him to go.

Yujin just watched him go and muttered,"What's with him..?"

======

After school, Yujin walked out from the school and saw Jungkook leaning against the wall. Jungkook saw her from side view and stood straight. He turned with back facing her and walked ahead. Yujin looked confused by his action but she just followed behind as they both were going the same way towards their part time job.

Upon reaching the cafe, they changed to their work clothes and started working right away. His cousin noticed his weird behaviour towards Yujin. He approached her and asked softly,"What is wrong with Jungkook?"

"I have no idea...He's been behaving that way after our lunch break in school," Yujin told him.

His cousin watched him and decided to pulled him over to his office after serving the customers.

"Hyung, what is it?" Jungkook asked him.

"What happened between the two of you?" His cousin asked.

"Me with who?" Jungkook asked back.

"You and Yujin," His cousin asked the obvious.

"Nothing," Jungkook sighed.

"Nothing..? But I can see that you were sighing," His cousin knew something was wrong and folded his arms across.

Jungkook noticed that his cousin was staring at him and finally gave up.

"Fine. She forced me to go to a party," Jungkook vaguely told him.

"Party?" And what is wrong with that?" His cousin looked confused.

"The thing is she was not invited while I was invited," Jungkook told him.

"And why isn't she invited?" His cousin probed him.

"The so-called coolest girl in school invited only the coolest people in her party," Jungkook said with inverted signs.

His cousin finally understood and tried to solve his problem. After thinking for a while, he asked,"Well, you should go."

Jungkook facepalmed his forehead. Didn't his cousin listen to what he told him a while ago? His cousin knew what he was thinking and asked,"She didn't give you any card invitation, am I right?"

Jungkook shooked his head and he snapped his fingers as he came up with an idea and said,"You should go with her. It's a masquerade party, right? Just covered her face with a mask. Nobody could tell it's her."

Jungkook listened and he seemed to like that idea.

"Hyung, you're brilliant," Jungkook broke into a wide smile.

"I AM always brilliant in my own way," His cousin bragged and adjusted his tie.

=======