Chapter 46

The next day,  it's a new school term.  Yujin ensures that she dressed best for her first day of school. She took the bus to the university and alighted in front of the university.  She breathed in deep breath and walked towards the entrance university. Just then, someone swiftly stood in front of her and smiled.

"Hey,  Yujin shii, " V smiled while waving hello.

"V! Hey.. You surprised me, " Yujin jumped a little when he surprised her.

"Sorry, " V rubbed the back of his neck while chuckling lightly after looking at her reaction.

From afar,  she heard his name being called out with squeals of excitement.  And she knew what that commotion was all about. She looked at him and said, "You're popular here too,  don't you? "

Before he could answer,  the girls had already crowded around the both of them.

"Hey Taehyung, do you want to hang out with us after our class? " One of the girls' with blond hair asked confidently.

"Uh..., " V's eyes shifted towards Yujin and she knew what his answer will be when he was hesitating.

"Hey,  you can just hang out with them," Yujin texted him and sent the message immediately.

He received the text and read. He looked towards her and she gave an 'Ok' sign.

"Taehyung,  are you busy...after school?" Another girl looked dissapointed.

"Uh.. Yes... Kinda busy with the cafe.. They short of staff and I need to help them out, " V responded.

"Oh... Okay.  Maybe we can hang out next time, " The girls tried not to sound disappointed and walked off.

V looked relieved and turned to Yujin with a smiling look.

"So.. Later after school, let's hang out. I'll be your tour guide, " V planned out.

"Are you sure?  Don't you need to work at your cafe? I can tour around by myself with the help of GPS, " Yujin told him.

"Actually,  there are enough staff..," V mumbled but she heard him.

She gave a light punch on his left arm and said, "V,  what have you done? The girls looked disappointed when you rejected them. "

"Hey,  you're more important.  You are new and as a... friend,  I should help you familiarise with this city," V said to her.

She looked touched when she heard that and thanked him.

"By the way,  I will get a local number later so you can contact Jungkook and the others," V said.

"Okay.  Thanks, " She smiled and continued, "By the way,  you're quite popular here too. "

V just gave a shy smile.

==========

After classes ended,  V waited for Yujin outside her class.  He was leaning against the wall while closing his eyes and listening his music when someone carefully pulled out one of his earpiece and whispered out his name. He was slightly surprised as he opened both his eyes. Yujin giggled and he straightened his body.

"Ready to go?" V asked.

She nodded. They walked down the hallway together. As they were walking,  she saw stares and whispers from some people. She stopped her tracks and tugged one of his sleeve. V turned and she asked, "V,  can you check if I have something stuck on my teeth? "

"Nope..., " V scanned her teeth and asked as soon as he saw her worried expression,"Why are looking so worried?"

"People are staring at me," She whispered.

V looked up and noticed they were staring. Just then, a group of guys approached V and asked, "Yo Taehyung!"

V smiled widely and both of them did the handshake.  One of the guys saw Yujin and asked, "Whose that?"

"Are you Taehyung's girl?" Another guy asked directly towards her.

She looked dumbfounded. Before she could open her mouth,  V interrupted and said, "Guys, she's my friend's girlfriend.  And she just transferred here."

"Your friend's girl?" They cooed.

"Guys. Stop it, " V stopped them.

"Fine.  By the way,  want to join us for lunch?" One of them asked.

V turned to Yujin and she gave an expression of "up to you". V turned back to them and nodded. They then walked together.

Once they reached the cafe, one of the guys pulled out a chair for Yujin and she shyly sat down. After they settled down,  they ordered the food to one guy and he went to order with V. Yujin was left alone with the guys and she felt slightly uncomfortable. One of the guys who pulled out a chair started to introduce himself, "Hey,  let's introduce ourselves.  I'm Vernon."

He smiled and she smiled back. The others joined to introduce themselves. One of the guys,  called Justin, said, "Yujin,  do you know that you're the first girl that V walked with in school?"

She widened her eyes and pointed to herself.  The guys nodded and laughed at her expression.

"It's true. Most of the girls in school tried to be close to him but he kinda pushed them away indirectly, " Vernon told her.

She then said after thinking of ehat happened earlier, "No wonder they stared at us in school.. "

"You might be careful when getting close with V, " Another guy cautioned her.

"Why?" She sounded surprised.

"He...I mean there is a girl in the school who is interested in him and she will do whatever it is to get him, " Justin told her.

"Whose that girl?" She wanted to find out.

Before Vernon could tell the girl's name,  V and his friend reached the table with the tray of food and drinks.  V saw their serious conversation and asked, "Why with the serious convo?"

"We just told her about how popular you are in school, " Justin sipped his drink.

"She's still after you, right?" Vernon asked.

"Who?" V asked back.

"That rich girl, Irene," Justin said.

"I am not interested in her, " V said.

"But she will do anything to have you, " Vernon said to him.

"Guys, can stop talking about her?" V asked firmly.

"Chill man.. We are just trying to caution her, that's all," Justin calmed him down and looked at Yujin.

"Yeah," Yujin agreed.

V took his burger and ate silently.