Chapter 54

He cried even more upon hearing that and embraced her tightly.

Yujin brought him to the small dining table and Jungkook felt ashamed to look at her. She leaves him alone and walked to her kitchen. She made hot tea for the both of them. She then brought the hot tea to the dining table and said, "Here..Drink this.."

He refused to look up and she slowly placed her hand on top of his hands.

"Hey..It's not your fault..," She said softly to reassure him.

Jungkook slowly looked up and she gave a reassuring smile. She urged him to drink the hot tea. He took a sip and asked a small favor, "...Can I sleep over here tonight?"

She gave a nod.

========

After the small talk with hot tea, Yujin went into the washroom to wash her face. When she came out from the washroom, she noticed Jungkook had slept on one side of the bed. She slowly approached the bed and gently sat beside him. She observed him sleeping soundly and remembered what he said over their small talk.

========

"...Yujin ah...," He called her name softly.

"Ehm..?" Yujin responded while taking a sip.

"...My mother.. tried to match me up with someone..," Jungkook told her.

She paused for a while and tried to compose herself before putting down her cup.

"...Your mother seemed to be fond of her then...," Yujin muttered.

"...You.. You're not angry..?" Jungkook looked slightly surprised.

"..I'm sure your mother meant well..She wants the best for her son..like..my father..," Yujin's voice slowly faded at the last two words.

"That wasn't the best for me..I love..-," Before Jungkook could finish his sentence, Yujin interrupted while getting up from her seat, "I'm tired. I'll get ready your sofa bed."

Jungkook watched her left the dining table.

=======

Back to reality..

Yujin stroked his hair gently and suddenly he muttered in his sleep,"Yujin ah.. Let's stay together.."

Yujin stopped as soon as she heard that. Her heart beats fast. She put away her hand from his hair and turned towards her window. These made her remind of her parents which she did not her life to be undergo that kind of situation. Tears started to welled up and she started to cry silently as not to wake Jungkook up.

========

In the middle of the night,  Jungkook woke up slowly and noticed where he was. He looked around the room and saw Yujin sleeping on the sofa bed near the door. He stepped out from the bed and approached the sofa bed. He carried her gently like bridal style and ensured that he did not wake her up. Jungkook then placed her on her bed and covered her up with a blanket. He decided to sleep at his side of the bed and observed her sleeping soundly. He caressed her cheek gently and held her hand while looking at her till he fell asleep.

========

The next morning, Yujin woke up with  sweet smelling of waffles. She sat up and found herself on her own bed. She looked around and decided to wash up. After washing up and dressing up for school,  she went to the kitchen and found Jungkook was making waffles, wearing her red apron. She approached him and asked, "Did you make these yourself?"

"Good morning," Jungkook gave a cheerful smile.

"You're looking better today," She commented.

Jungkook just gave a smile and handed her a plate of waffles which had poured with her favourite chocolate. She took it from him and placed them on the table. She then walked back to the kitchen and decided to make orange juice. While making juice, she heard his phone vibrated on the kitchen table. She took a glance and saw his mother texted. She then looked over to where Jungkook was and asked, "Jungkook ah, you received a message..from your mother..."