Chapter 31

"Lawyer Kim

"Lawyer Kim. What is the meaning of this?" Your grandmother hissed silently towards him.

"I've...been found out by the head...Here,"  Lawyer Kim handed over an envelope of money to her.

She looked more flustered by his action and asked to see him privately but he did not obliged.

"I need to deliver this will to her or I could lose my job," Lawyer Kim sounded terrified at him losing his precious job.

"You're my private lawyer and I have the right to fire you! If you did not want to follow according to my wishes, you'll be fired!" Your grandmother threatened him in front of her children.

"I'm sorry. But I am no longer your private lawyer as for now. It says so in the contract," Lawyer Kim took out his contract to show her.

Your grandmother snatched the paper from him and read it. She started to look more furious than ever. She crushed the paper without a second thought. The lawyer breathed in deeplyn and looked towards you calmly.

Lawyer Kim started to read the letter and will from your late mother and father,"...To our precious daughter, we are really sorry for the times we troubled you. You had sacrificed a lot for our family. To be honest...we really wanted to tell you the truth about yourself but we just couldn't because we love you too much. The second letter will be given to you privately. Just to let you that we will always love you.

Love, umma and appa❤"

Tears started to welled up again and the lawyer quickly read the will to you. As soon as you heard what was being said from him, you froze and gasped. The rest too had the same reaction. You wiped your tears and said,"That's impossible, Mr Lawyer shii. There must be a mistake in the will.."

"No. They themselves wrote this for you way before you were born. Your father approached me regarding this matter," Lawyer Kim handed the will for you to read yourself.

You felt guilty for hating your father for those days when he kept borrowing from loansharks. Then one of your uncles voiced out,"Emonim, how come WE didn't know about hyung's fortune??"

"I didn't even know he was that rich," His wife rolled her eyes.

"If he was that rich, why did his family live in that shabby place?" One of your aunts scoffed while looking at you.

"This isn't fair! She got a bigger share than us!" One of their sons retorted while pointing at you.

They started arguing with one another and your grandmother had had enough. She shouted across the hall and said after everyone had settled down,"Lawyer Kim shii, did you know now why I didn't let you read that stupid will?"

He did not say a word and she continued,"That son of mine was too naive. I've given him everything that he wanted and this is how he repay me? That not-good son of mine..."

"...Although my father was not a good son that halmeoni think he was...but he really cared..about me and my mother..He even went gambling to earn money for us and you. He knew that gambling was bad but he still continue because of you," You pointed out so that she realized.

"From the moment he left the house for your mother, I've never regarded him as my son! Now, if you'll excuse me, the sight of you make me sick. I'm going to my room," Your grandmother stood up and walked slowly to her room, leaving them behind.

V noticed how cold halmeoni acted towards you. You quickly rushed out of the mansion and left the place. V felt sympathised towards you and wanted to console you but couldn't.

Meanwhile you headed out to the park and slowly sat down on the vacant bench. You covered your face with your hands and cried your heart out. The words that came out from halmeoni's lips seemed to hurt you. Just then, someone came over, panting and called your name.

"Yujin shii," He panted and sat beside you after running to find you.

You uncovered your messed up face and looked up. You saw Jungkook looking worried.

"I..I've heard what happened...," Jungkook said.

You just kept crying and tears kept flowing out. Seeing you in this way, made him hurt too. He embraced you tightly and consoled you. You accepted his embrace and cried under his arms. Jungkook stroked your back gently and softly said,"Everything will be okay..."

========

After a while, Jungkook brought you to his favourite cafe to cheer you up. He bought your favourite drink and dessert but none cheered you up. Jungkook noticed you were staring outside the window. He followed your gaze and saw a grandmother playing with her grandaughter. He then turned to you and held your hand gently. You felt his touch and quit staring. He gave you a warm smile and you held up your tears from falling. Thinking that nothing cheered you up, he stood up and walked over to the small stage. He borrowed a guitar and sat down with a microphone in front of him. He adjusted his seat to face you and said through the mic while clearing his throat,"I've written this song quite recently..It's for someone special.."

He looked towards you with his a warm smile and began strumming the guitar while singing with his sweet voice,"~Remember the way you make me feel~such a lovebird~Something that I knew that it was real~frozen in my head...Pictures that are living through for now~trying to remember all the good times..~"

You listened intently to the lyrics as well as the singing voice from him. He kept looking at you while singing genuinely. As soon as he was done singing, everyone gave a standing ovation and applauded by his great performance. He bowed and smiled. He then skipped down and sat beside you. He smiled more to you which made you confused.

"So...did you like the song?" Jungkook asked.

"Yeah..It's beautiful," You finally gave a small smile.

"Finally you're smiling," Jungkook heaved a sigh of relief with a smile.

========

After spending time with Jungkook, you decided to go home. Both of you walked home together till to your neighbourhood. You turned to him and said,"Thank you for everything."

"Hey, you should thank V. He's worried for you. I'm worried too when I heard what happened," Jungkook said.

"Then, I am going to thank him tomorrow since it's getting late. I'll see you in school," You gave a small smile before going off to your apartment.

Jungkook watched you walking off and as soon as you had safely reaching the apartment, he turned around and left for home. Meanwhile, you were distracted with your phone to text Jin for V's number. You received Jin's text and went to text V. After texting, you were about to look in front of you when you bumped into someone just in front of your apartment. You apologised but as soon as you heard that familiar voice, you looked up and your eyes widened with surprised.

His phone beeped and he seemed to received a text. He opened it and looked at you with a simple sentence,"You welcome."