Chapter 24

V arrived at Grandmother Bae Jung Ok's residence. He was politely escorted by the butler and guided him to her. When she saw V, she warmly embraced him and asked him to sit with her in the garden.

"Tutti, please serve our guest with our finest tea," She ordered.

The maid nodded and walked to the kitchen to prepare his tea.

"Halmeoni, why did you ask me to see you today?" V straight forward asked.

"Ah...Kim Taehyung dearie.., I have a request," She asked.

"Request?" V raised one eyebrow.

She took out some pictures of ladies of his age and handed them to him.

"What's all these?" V looked confused.

"Here are the ladies suitable for your future wife," She said.

When he heard that, he looked baffled and asked,"Are you match making me with one of them?"

She nodded and elegantly opened her fan to fan herself.

"They are from aristocrate families like us. Suitable status for us," She said.

*Of course...* V rolled his eyes secretly and said truthfully,"But halmeoni, I like none."

"Are you sure? I saw that one of them is actually more beautiful than the rest," She said and showed the one she liked.

*Too much done on her face...I can tell* V sighed and handed back the photos to her.

She saw the look on his face and said while thinking of Yujin's father,"I just want the best for you, Taehyung dearie. I don't you to end up like my son."

"You mean...Kang Rujin samcheon..?" V asked.

She just went silent for a few moments and said,"Dearie, listen to halmeoni. I am doing whatever best for you. Your father requested to find a wife for you."

"Abeoji?" V frowned and suddenly felt frustrated.

========

Afterwards, V kept thinking of what Grandmother Bae Jung Ok told him.

"Why did abeoji wanted me to get married soon..? And he didn't have to ask halmeoni to search for me..," V muttered to himself.

Actually the relationship between Grandmother Bae Jung Ok and his father is just mutual. Late Kang Rujin (Yujin's father and Grandmother Bae Jung Ok's son) and his father are best friends and Grandmother Bae Jung Ok had considered him as her son. But after Kang Rujin married with Yujin's mother, they had been not contacting at all especially her. V had only heard of his name once when his father accidentally talked about his best friend.

========

V had piqued some interest on Kang Yujin and decided to find out what actually happened between her family and her grandmother. V then accelerated his motor and zoomed to the meeting place with his friends.

========

As soon as he reached the night cafe, he saw his friends had already ordered drinks and food. He approached the table and saw Yujin was there too.

"You're here..too?" V asked with a pokerface.

"Hey, I invited her," J-Hope slunged his amr on her shoulders which made her slightly uncomfortable.

"But..I have to home soon," Yujin said.

"So fast? Wae?" Jimin pouted as soon as he heard that she needs to go home.

"I have something to do the next day," Yujin told him.

"It's okay. Let's just have fun first," RapMon said with a wide smile while holding out a glass of coke.

Everyone put up including Yujin. The night darkened and Yujin looked at her watch.

"I got to go. Thanks for inviting me here," Yujin smiled politely.

"Okay guys. Let's go home too," RapMon ushered.

"Why are you guys going home too?" Yujin asked while they stood up together.

"We are going to send you home too. It's not nice for a beautiful girl to walk home alone," Jin smiled.

Hearing that they are going to send her home, she quickly said with a fake excuse,"Uh..I just remembered something that I need to buy something from the mart. I'll go ahead first. See you."

She rushed out from the group which left them dumbfounded. Jungkook was not at ease at leaving her going off alone. So he decided to part off from the group and see them at home later. He hurriedly caught up with Yujin and she panicked as soon as someone called her named from behind. She turned around and saw Jungkook walking towards her. Somehow, she felt assured it was Jungkook as he was the only one who knew about her situation.

"Are you following me home?" Yujin asked him.

"Not following but accompanying you home," Jungkook corrected her and walked beside her.

Both of them walked side by side. Jungkook seemed to have something on his mind and hesistant to say something to her. She noticed his expression and asked,"You have something to ask me?"

Jungkook them handed a shopping bag to her and she wondered what was inside. She was about to look inside when he put his hand on top of the opening of the shopping bag.

"See it when you reached hom," Jungkook said to her.

"Oh..okay...," She gave a slight nod but it piqued her interest on what was inside.

When they had reached her neighbourhood, Yujin thanked him for accompanying her home. Jungkook watched her walking towards her home with a smile. Yujin walked towards her home, feeling safe for the first time. Maybe being friends with Jungkook wasn't bad at all.

==========

Yujin had washed up and was about to go to sleep when she saw the shopping bag on her bed that Jungkook had handed to her earlier on. She opened the bag and was surprised to see a beautiful cream lace dress along with a pretty mask. She was amazed by the details of the dress. Then she saw a card inside. She opened and read the card.

"Hey,
Wear this dress for the party. Don't worry too much. It's a masquerade party so they won't recognise you. We'll go to the party together.

From, Jungkook."

Yujin picked up the mask and muttered to herself,"Will it really be okay..?" Then she looked at the dress and continued,"He must have spend a lot for this dress.."

Amidst of all that, she really appreciated his concern and have no choice but to go to the party. She then put that aside and went to sleep as her eyes were getting heavy.