Chapter 50

After a while,  V just ended his tasks. He looked at his watch and rushed out to the library. He went to the third floor and searched for a table where Yujin and Vernon seated. Soon,  he spotted their table and hurried there. However,  he stopped his tracks as soon as he saw what Vernon was doing. He noticed Vernon was admiring her face with a smile. V started to walk slowly towards the table and said in a low quiet tone, "What are you doing?"

Vernon seemed flustered and turned to face him like nothing had happened.

"Y-you're here... I've saved a seat for you," Vernon pointed to the seat opposite Yujin.

"...Wait... Are you the one who had been giving her secret notes?...," V recalled the secret notes that Yujin had been receiving.

Vernon did not answer and busy to straighten his back.

"Vernon, are you her secret admirer?" V questioned him.

"....Why did you think that? What if it isn't me? It could be anybody," Vernon tried to save himself from his speculations.

"I saw the way you looked at her a while ago... The way... Someone admires someone..," V told him at what he saw.

Vernon swallowed hard and shifted his eyes to some place. V knew by the nervous look. V sighed and said, "She got a boyfriend, Vernon. She's not someone you can play around with like how you play around with your ex-girlfriends."

"Fine. I am the one who put those secret love notes in her locker. You're right about that. But, she's different from the other girls that I know.. Something about her made me feel... warm.. Something that I never felt before... I want to get to know her better," Vernon admitted.

"But Vernon. She's my friend's girl. I cannot allow that to happen between you and her," V told him.

"C'mon. I just want to know her better as a friend. Not more than that. The more I see her,  the more curious I get. You get what I'm feeling right?" Vernon asked.

V knew exactly what Vernon meant as he went through that before and it wasn't pleasant between him and Jungkook. He shooked the memories off and looked at him seriously. Vernon saw his serious look and knew that he would not allow that to happen. He finally gave up and said with a deep sigh, "Fine. I'll give her up."

V felt relieved to hear that and gave a small smile whilw saying, "Thanks, bro. I'd appreciate that."

Vernon's gaze shifted to Yujin. He then stood up and said, "I'll better go for my soccer now. I'll see you tomorrow."

V waved goodbye and opened his notebook. Meanwhile, Yujin had been listening to the whole conversation while pretending to sleep. She had actually woken up but decided not to open her eyes when she heard Vernon's low quiet voice. She could clearly remember what he talked to her while she was "sleeping."

"I...started to like when I first met you. I felt that you are different from the girls that I've met. For the very first time, you made my heart beat fast and every day,  I could not wait to see you.. Is this how someone feels like when he fell in love..? I know we've just met.. But..-," Vernon could not finish his sentence as V interrupted him.

You brushed off Vernon's confessions off your mind. You decided to give yourself 5 minutes before properly woke up from your "sleep".

After exactly 5 minutes, you naturally opened your eyes and pretended to be surprised to see V sitting opposite you.

"Ahh...Finally you're awake. How's your sleep, Sleeping Beauty?" V teased.

"Sorry..I felt so tired of reading that I dozed off..," You stretched your arms.