silent town

Ig I'm updating lol

TW:
very small mentions of abuse and manipulation

Waking up against the cold, hard obsidian was not something I enjoyed. Especially when I remembered how I ended up here. Quickly looking around, I stood up and tried to press the button but it was stiff, probably one of the functions of the prison locking.

"Dumb piece of shit, motherfucking ugly ass button piece of shit." I mutter under my breath, holding my head as a headache takes over.

"Lia? Uh, what are you doing here?" I turn around quickly which wasn't the best idea since I feel my whole body sway.

Squinting my eyes, I try to see who is in front of me, "Explosions went off last night I tried to see what's happening, Tommy was in there." I explain, nodding to myself when my eyes focus on Puffy.

She frowns, "What was Tommy doing in the prison?"

"He wanted to say bye to Dream, confront his demons bullshit." I pull my hands over my face, my breath hitching slightly when they reach my neck but shrugging it off.

"Wha-, why? Is he insane? That ma-" she shakes her head, "he is terrible, cr-crazy, Tommy shouldn't have gone in there alone." She stutters over her words and I nod weakly.

"I know, but I think the prisons on lockdown. Think those contracts have it in there that damage to the prison- or security issues could leave to the visiter stuck for a week at the most." She closes her eyes for a second, thinking.

"What did Sam say?" Her voice is calm, but knowing her for as long as I have I can tell she's pissed.

"I haven't heard from him, anyone for that matter." She stays quiet so I decide to speak again, "Puffy, I'm gonna go to Logsted."

This time it's her who snaps her neck up to me, "What? Why?"

I look at the ground, knowing I'll break if I look into Puffy's eyes, "If Tommy's going to be in a traumatic place where he will get mentally- and probably physically, tortured then I will too. This time we just won't be doing it together." I explain, rubbing my thumb and pointer finger together.

"Ok Lia. Just please come home if it gets too much for you. I would try to come but I know you'd bring up my responsibilities." I smile at her words and nod, giving Puffy a big hug.

"Thanks Mama."

———————————————-————

"Lia! Lia! Lia c'mere! Lia!" Tubbo shouts repeatedly as I walk down the path. Sighing, I turn to with a blank face.

He's waving me over to him and Ranboo who are holding something behind their backs.

"Yes?" I ask, walking up to the boys.

"Are you alright?" Tubbo asks me, probably noticing my eyes.

I shake my head with a faint smile, "No, I'm really not. It's okay though, I'll get through it. I'm probably just overthinking. What did you call me over here for?"

They glance to each other with worried faces before Tubbo brings his hands from behind his back, holding them up to me.

"I'm confused." I state, looking between his fingers to look at his face.

"Look!" He insists.

Realizing what he's trying to show me, my eyes widen, "Why the fuck do you have a ring on your ring finger?" I ask, furrowing my eyebrows to look at the gold ring placed on his finger. Raising my hands up I compare my ring to his.

"And why the fuck is your ring more expensive than mine?" He grins to me and turns to Ranboo making me look between the two with a skeptical face. With a sigh, Ranboo holds his hands up.

"We got married!" Tubbo tells me, making my whole body freeze from confusion.

"Platonically." Ranboo shakes his head with a smile as I pull him forward by the hand.

"You fucking got married?" I ask them, inspecting the small ring placed on Ranboo's finger. On his middle finger next to the ring is his flame one.

"Well, yeah. But it was for Eret's taxes so we could put them together." Tubbo explains as Ranboo holds up the string to show he just put it in his pocket to which I nod to.

"When?" I ask, taking a step back after realizing how close I was to Ranboo's hand.

They look at each other before answering, "I'd say around 3am last night." Tubbo tells me.

I look between them again, "You two. Fucking got married. At three am. While your best friend is stuck in a prison cell with his abuser and manipulator." I deadpan.

"To be fair, we didn't know about the last part." Ranboo says, rubbing his neck.

"Right." I mumble, pinching the bridge of my nose.

"Do you guys even know how to do taxes?" I ask them.

"Nope!" They say simultaneously making me roll my eyes and walk away. I really hate to walk away during a conversation, which is why I never do. But at this point I have to, I mean, i have everything I need to know from that conversation. Which is pretty useless and dumb, but it's everything I need to know.

————————————————————

After walking aimlessly through the towns, I finally see someone I want to talk to.

"It's going to be-"

"Hey Q." I accidentally cut him off from his conversation but he doesn't seem to care because he grins and scoops me into a hug. He's wearing armor, which is strange. Quackity doesn't like to wear it, and even during wars he doesn't, and never has, worn it because people take and damage them easily.

"Hey Lia!" He seems enthusiastic but more of a busied enthusiastic, if that makes any sense at all. I flash a smile to him and look at who he was talking to, who happens to be Sam. The Sam who has a guilt-filled face.

"I'm sorry Lia." He apologizes, not meeting my eyes.

"What? For-"

"What happened?" I cut off Quackity again.

"He's stuck in there, explosions went off and that means someone was-"

"He's stuck? He's stuck with him? For how long? A week?" He nods sadly.

"Oh my god." I mumble, grabbing Quackity's clothes for support making him ask even more questions but I can't come to answer them. The next few minutes go by in a blur, Sam denying many questions and being vague with his responses to Quackity's questions, me standing by in shock, not knowing how to handle the situation as a whole, and the yelling of my best friend echoing through the silent town.

I wish it weren't such a silent town.