Exile

Devil Town - Cavetown

Everything will be okay in the end. That's just what I have to keep telling myself, right? I shake my head from its lousy thoughts and focus back on Tommy's "inspirational" speech.

"We are going to turn down the exile and fight him. From what I heard, George and Sapnap aren't on good terms with him right now. We attack and win." I grin to Tommy while Fundy and Quackity cheer for his speech. it may not be a great idea, but it's the best we've got at the moment.

"Let's go!" I jump from the roof of the place we met up at and sprint to L'manburg. When I get there I see Dream on the walls. My smile falters from anxiety but it forms again when Tommy and Tubbo stand on either side of me. glancing at quackity, i can see the hesitance to follow the president onto the obsidian walls, but i quickly grab his wrist, pulling him next to tommy as we walk up the cracked staircase.

"Hello." Dream greets. A shrill silence forms after the simple word leaves his mouth. Shivers run up my spine as I take a deep breath, meeting Tommy's eyes.

"Hi." Tubbo says, taking a couple small steps to him. quackity's limp hand grows tense as the silence takes over, making me drop his wrist in worry.

"So have you decided?" We glance at each other and I smile proudly to Tommy, trying my best to be supportive. It wasn't a good idea, I doubt it would work. But we can't team with Dream. It's a bad idea, and sending Tommy to exile was off the table.

"Dream you're a bitch. And you're ugly." Tommy says when he makes a platform. I roll my eyes at my best friend but keep my smile on my face. Until I look at Dream again, that is. No matter how great our history is, nothing could change the villainess acts he's done on the country I worked hard for. I sigh and reform my smile, nudging Tommy slightly to stop his insults.

"You know this is funny actually." Tubbo laughs and Quackity and I do too, completely out of nervousness. "I'm sorry, I-I'm sorry Tommy." He laughs again and my anxiety builds more, a tense smile still hiding my emotions.

"Dream, you-"

"Tommy, Tommy." Tubbo chuckles, "I am so, so, sorry."

"Hm?" Fundy questions. tubbo turns to tommy fully, taking a small step back towards dream. i gulp, my grin twitching down.

"Dream. I've come to the decision that it will be best for the nation, the most logical thing to do... for Tommy to be... exiled from L'manburg." I feel as if the whole world shifted. As if things automatically turned black and white. The mask of emotions falling from my face fully, tears gloss over my eyes as my hands shakily cover my mouth. Not again, oh please not again.

"What?" Quackity asks, stepping closer to me as if waiting for Dream to add me into the exile. i glance at fundy, watching as his eyes narrow, terror filling his pale face.

"What?" Fundy repeats louder.

"Teaming with Technoblade is an awful idea. It's an awful idea." Tubbo smiles nervously to Tommy as he talks. I follow his eyes and stare at Tommy's shocked face.

"We just had this conversation!" Fundy yells making almost everyone flinch.

"No! no." Tubbo cuts him off. i bump into quackity, trying to read tommy's expression.

"What are you doing Tubbo??" Quackity asks. I switch my gaze to stare at him with complete and utter confusion. My eyesight turning to Dream behind me, he stares at me. I can practically see that evil smirk I've stayed up days and night telling myself is good.

——

"Let's go." Dream pushes Tommy off the wall. i flinch as tommy's body tumbles to the ground with a thump, dream simply kicking his ribs till the younger pulls himself up. i look back at tubbo with a sneer.