a tale

A/n
This chapter will have some different povs and different realities cause I need to fill in time to when the important stuff happens <3

"What the fuck?" I ask, wiping my eyes.

"Stop passing out woman!" Tommy yells at me while Sam hands me a towel, carefully helping me out of... the water fountain in Church Prime.

"Why? What? Huh?" I manage to squeak, drying myself off the best I can while Tommy paces and Sam helps me warm up.

"You passed out, Lia. We had to wash you off with the Holy Water here." Sam's soothing voice explains. "You should stay home and rest for the day, Tommy isn't affected by the egg so he can go back." I nod and he hugs me while rubbing my back. It almost feels... comforting?

"Thank you." I mumble, looking at my feet where a golden white dress flowed lifelike a couple minutes ago.

———————————————————————

Karl's POV:

Shaking out my nerves in my hands a bit, I knock on the door that my book led me to the foot of. A man resembling Technoblade opens the door with a smile spread across his features.

"Welcome, welcome. You're early!"

———————————————————————

I tap my fingers on the glass of wine Sir Billium's butler brought us, bored. The man himself talks to Learia, casually throwing in flirty comments making me internally gag. More people are supposed to come, which means that until then I have no clue what I'm supposed to do or why I got sent here.

A knock echoes through the halls making me look up. Sir Billium excuses himself before blocking the view of outside, talking to the new guests with his enthusiastic manner. The host moves out of the way and a man with a white shirt, half buttoned up, black jeans and belt, and a half moon mask enters with a smug grin. His hair is black and I gasp when I realize how he looks almost exactly like Sapnap. My stare gets cut short when a girl walks in behind the man with a nervous expression. She's wearing a white flowy dress with gold accents littered on it. Her sleeves are puffed around her arms and stops before the shoulder, leaving them out. Her hair is tucked into a bun, holding her brunette waves that look to be close to falling out.

She mumbles something incoherent when she sees me, her eyes widening. Shaking her head slightly she walks beside a staring Butler, not glancing to him.

"And who might you be?" Sir Billium asks the girl who looks oddly familiar.

Looking taken aback from the question, she reaches her hand to her neck before stopping herself and smiling calmly, "Lia~." She drags out, glancing to me, "Ana. Liana." Her mask covers her eyes and is gold but I can still catch when she looks at me, which is often. Looking at her curiously for a few seconds, I gasp when I realize who she is. How did I not even realize?

"Karl? Right? I believe we've met before." She looks honestly confused making me even more than her.

"Yes. I believe we've met through Wilbur?" I ask, silently hoping she understands and got stuck with me.

Eyes widening, she looks at my clothes before backing up slightly and nodding. "I'm 16." She mumbles as Drew holds a drink up to her.

"Good to know you two have met." I sigh at Sir Billium's words. Did I do something? How is she even here?

———————————————————————

Third Person & time skip:

Lia follows the Butler, who looks oddly familiar, through the halls of the mansion, admiring the portraits and fancy designs in the walls. She doesn't understand what happened or how she ended up at this masquerade, but she's not complaining. Even if everyone else is either an adult, or just pretending to be in order to drink. Karl glances to her every couple seconds, which she obviously finds disturbing seeing as she only recognizes him from strange flashes in her memory or from the Ball at the White Castle she previously was at. The same Ball that disappeared around her, sending her here.

"Hi." She whispers to the Butler. He jumps slightly and smiles lightly when he realizes it's just her. He has brown fluffy hair that curls around the edges and is wearing a simple black vest on top of his white dress shirt accompanied by a red tie. Nodding his head as a greeting, he looks back ahead.

"I don't think I caught your name." Lia tries, examining his black and white sided mask. He opens his mouth but closes it, shaking his head slightly, eyes closed. Liana frowns and nods, watching as the boy fixes the mask at the golden border of it.

"Well wanna go explore a bit? I never got the tour." Lia knows what the mansion looks like, she did get the tour, which Butler knows. Chuckling softly, he  looks around, writing a mental note that the guests are in the ballroom, before grabbing the girl's hand and pulling her up the stairs. Karl sighs, knowing Lia, or Liana, will be having more fun than he will with the version of her best friend from this era.

"Drew. P. Wiener. Let me spell it out for ya." Drew tells everyone confidently.

Upstairs:

"Can you talk now?" Lia asks, grazing her fingers over the dusty books in the library. The Butler sighs.

"I really don't have a name. If I do, I don't remember it." Lia's cheeks burn from his voice that is deeper than she imagined but nods and looks away to keep the boy from noticing.

"So, how old are you? You look young." Lia asks, biting the inside of her cheek as she pulls out a book with a flag of a mushroom on it.

"17." He responds shyly, opening the book Lia was holding which is blank except for a small K.J. scribbled in the corner.

"Why are you working for Sir. Billium?" She asks, placing the book back in its shelf carefully.

"Dunno." Butler says firmly, taking Lia aback.

"Oh." She mumbles. Turning to him, she looks over him more, inspecting the way his grey eyes move over her as well. The height difference is not that tall, he looks to be around 6 foot, to 6 foot 3.

"Liana, look-"

"Oh Butler!" Sir. Billium calls. His eyes widen and he glances around nervously before pulling Lia back down the hall as the host calls him again.

"What-" before she can finish the sentence, Butler pushes her into a room and leaves her, running to Sir. Billium with drinks. Lia looks around, confused by the sudden movements of the teenager. The lights begin to flicker, making her gasp in the lonely space. Lia runs to the door, turning the handle the farthest she can but it doesn't budge. Butler locked her in a room by herself while the lights begin to go out. The lights turn off completely and no sounds are heard as Lia takes her hand off the useless handle, shakily walking back.

"Oh my!" Karl gasps as the lights go out. Nothing is heard but running of footsteps, making the time traveler back up into a wall. Hearing a draw of metal, he runs to the closest door, that being a locked one. Mumbling words you wouldn't be caught dead hearing Karl Jacobs mutter, he grabbed a knife from his back pocket, picking the lock, shutting the door as quietly as possible, and seeing a girl hyperventilating on the ground. Lia looks up from the ground to see the last person she wanted to standing in front of her with a knife.