dog?

TW: blood and stabbing (?)

The bush continues to rustle from the bottom, giving me the feeling it's a spider.

"Oi ya fuck. C'mere." I say loudly. A whine comes from behind the greenery making me lower my sword. I slowly move closer until I see a black tail. The animal moves, showing it's a dog. Puppy? Puppy dog? My eyebrows knit together in confusion. I kneel down and gasp, seeing the puppy on its side. A broken chip of a sword is slashed into its foot, with blood around it. Without thinking, I pull my bandanna out of my hair and tie it around their paw, splashing a healing pot near the chip. Carefully, I hold the pup's body down with one hand, taking out the chip with the other. They start to move around, trying to break free.

"Ok, ok chill. Stop!" I say quickly, pouring the last of my health potion on him. It seems to calm down but once it does, I notice how skinny it truly is. It's probably a wild dog. Puppy. Wild puppy?

"Lets- let's take you back to my house yeah?" I whisper, carefully taking the red bandanna off of it's paw and wrapping it around his neck loosely. It looks like a border collie catahoula mix, with the different colored fur and nose line. It's also a boy, I'm guessing around two months as well?

Sighing, I carefully pick him up, holding his body tightly as rain begins to come down again. He tries to get out of my hold, scratching my face a couple times.

"Oh my god-" I mumble, standing up with the puppy in my arms reluctantly. I make sure I have my things picked up before jogging back through the woods, the puppy tucking it's head into my neck from the rain. Bipolar much? I continue to run, barely catching myself each time I slip.

"Can- Quackity!" Quackity and Jack are talking on the path a little ways away. They both look at me strangely and I notice how Tommy's house has lights turned on in it.

"Dog!" I yell, stopping in front of them.

"Wha- what?" Jack asks, looking at me strangely, yet again.

"I found a dog and there was a chip of a sword in him and- I have a dog." I rush. They continue to stare at me.

"Oh my god, do you guys want a new puppy?" I ask them breathily.

"More of a cat guy." Quackity mumbles, wiping his eyes. I am about to respond when I notice his puffy eyes and Jack's frown.

"Oh." I say shortly. Rain continues to pour down on ourselves.

"You've wanted a dog for awhile now, haven't you? Just name it like Mece or something." He shrugs.

"That's so fucking insensitive, this poor puppy had a chip of a sword stuck in his paw and you're going to name it Mece? That's another word for sword that is!" I yell dramatically.

"Name it Olimece" Quackity says quietly, chuckling slightly.

"Yeah okay." I agree, protecting the puppy from the storm. That's a shit name.

"Is- who's in Tommy's house?" I ask them.

"I'm not sure, I think I saw Ant go in there." Jack says. I nod, walking to the front door. Peaking through the window, I see the egg group all dancing on floor that has different colors now. Are they celebrating Tommy's death?

Oli starts to whine from the storm and i take a shaky breath in before starting to walk to Karl's old house. I'm sure he won't mind, he hasn't been in it in awhile anyways.

Opening the door, I turn on the lights as I let Oli to the ground.

"Alright Mece-boy, let's get some food and water, yeah?" He just shakes the water off of him before dashing into hiding. I sigh, making my way to the small kitchen.

"Bread, and water." I mumble, staring at the counters, "What is this, the church?"

Breaking the bread in half, I pour some water in a bowl, placing the meal on the ground carefully.

"Dog!" I call. Of course it doesn't come, why would a puppy come to a stranger after being hurt and alone in the dark stormy night-

"God dammit." I curse, dropping my sword to the ground. Walking into the living room, I stare at Oli, who's hiding under a chair.

"It's okay, it's okay." I whisper, kneeling down. It continues to watch me closely from its hiding.

"Love, c'mon. Let's get some stale bread in our stomachs, yeah?" I continue. It stays still. Sighing, I begin to eat the bread myself, moving it around my face to taunt him.

"Yeah, I guess I'll just eat this all~~ by myself." I take a big bite, immediately gagging.

"Holy shit how long were these in there?" I mumble rhetorically. Looking back up, I see Oli sitting a couple feet away, sniffing the bread.

"It's not poisonous, though, it tastes it." I shrug, leaning on a wall. He glanced up to me before looking back at the food. A boom of thunder roars outside, causing me and the puppy to flinch. Oli quickly comes to me, tucking his head on my shoulder. Barely moving my head, I let out a quick and short breath.

"Maybe tomorrow we can go get real food. It's not a good night to do it now." I whisper, closing my eyes. Oli sits back up before laying on my lap after a couple seconds.

"When I imagined a dog, I was thinking one that could make me feel safe, not the other way around." I mumbled, peaking through my eyelashes to pet the puppy. His fur is mostly black, thought it could also be mud, with splotches of white. His eyes are definitely different colors, but in the dark lighting it's hard to tell which they are.

"You look like a Oli." I whisper, closing my eyes again. His wet and muddy fur is standing out in the cold room, but I don't mind. As long as I have someone with me.

A/n:

dog

sorry this one took so long to write i genuinely hate this chapter but oh well

also if u want a love interest for lia make sure to say who cos its a three way tie rn <3

OH AND I BASED THE DOG AFTER MINE BUT CHANGED THE NAME LMAO UH HERES KINDA INSPO

^ that but like puppy form