the absolute best dancer ever

"Don't die." I tell Tommy drowsily.

"Oh! Thanks Lia! If I do I'll make sure to haunt you for the rest of your life. Fucker." I wave him off and flip onto my back, since I was on my stomach the whole night. I watch Tommy walk away down the Path through my eyelashes before turning to look back at the blue sky. Tommy scheduled to go to the prison with Sam to visit Dream, something I got asked to do multiple times but refused. I just can't talk to Dream. Not yet, at least. It's not like he'll be getting out any time soon anyways.

"Why." I blink and reposition my head which is resting on my arms.

"Tired." I mumble in response to Ranboo.

"Haha! I'm tired everyday of my life." I roll my eyes playfully at his comment and look at him.

"You look like a giant from the ground." I say.

"I will squash you like one too if you don't get off the path." I glare at him as I stand up.

"Where do you need to go anyways?" I ask, rubbing my eyes.

"Nowhere, but Foolish didn't want to run you over with his boat so he told me to get you off the Prime Path, you know the one that everyone uses to walk down." I ignore him and look around before settling my eyes on the new boy who's spinning in his oak boat.

"Fine. What time is it?" I ask, turning back to Ranboo.

"Uh." He checks his bare wrist, "5pm."

"Really?" I ask. He shrugs and starts to walk past me.

"Oh my God I hate you so much." I groan and a stretch while following him.

——————————————————————

"We should bake." I say from on top of my counter.

"Yeah? Bake what?" He asks. I shrug and hop off to open the pantry. Nothing but cereal and gluten free cake mix.

"Why do you have gluten free stuff? Your not gluten free." Ranboo asks from above me. I shrug and grab it.

"It's empty." I say bluntly before tossing it in the trash. Ranboo laughs.

"Why is it empty?" I shrug and grab the cereal.

"Wanna bake cereal?" I ask, picking up the box and peaking inside. It smells bad.

"I thought you'd never ask." I smirk at his response and toss the cereal I know for a fact is stale at him before grabbing a spatula and a bowl.

I point the utensil at him, "Can you put on some music I want to show you my awesome dance moves." He laughs and nods before turning on the radio in the living room that's connected into here.

'Teenagers' starts to play making me desperately hold back a laugh, all while Ranboo grabs his own spatula. He lip sings dramatically and when the beat drops he starts to belt the lyrics while I slide around my kitchen posing as I sing. I jump back onto the counter that Ranboo is pouring the cereal on and strum an invisible electric guitar.

————————————————————————

"Oh come on, you know that would be fun." Ranboo smirks and raises his eyebrows temptingly.

"Where would we even get it?" I ask him.

"Uh. Niki? She dyes her hair all the time." He says in an obvious manner. I groan and fall onto my back, landing on the soft cushion. Ranboo has been trying to dye my hair since I complimented his.

"What would i dye it? Do you even know how to dye hair?" I ask him. He shrugs.

"Could probably figure it out. We could do green like Sam's. Or bleach the front of it. Maybe we could do red." I purse my lips and sit up.

"My hair is dark brown." I point out.

"What if we cut your hair like those curtain bangs you've been asking for and bleach or dye those? Maybe we could dye the bottom of it?" He ignores me. I look at the clock on the wall.

12:09

"It's midnight. I doubt Niki will even be awake." Ranboo's face lights up.

"Yes! Come on!" Without warning, he pulls me off the couch and straight out the door. Yeah my black tank top and jean shorts are not doing justice for the cold night.

————————————————————————

"What?" A wide awake Niki asks us as she holds the door wide only a sliver.

"Ranboo wants to dye my hair and we were wondering if you had any since you just did yours pink." I repeat. She glances back inside.

"Uh, sure. What color? I'll get it for you." I furrow my eyebrows.

"Can we come check out the colors?" She stares at Ranboo before nodding slowly. She opens the door the whole way and I see Jack on the couch with a cup of tea and a blank face.

"Oh my god did she get laid?" Ranboo whispers to me. I glare at him and Niki's eyes widen, obviously hearing that.

"No, no, no! We are just having tea! Here, the dye is in here." She speed walks to the bathroom and I follow her but not before seeing Jack clear the coffee table of papers.

"How about purple? Yeah? That will look good on you." Niki says as she grabs purple dye. Ranboo smirks and takes it from her hands.

"Thank you." He says in sing-song voice.

"Maybe do the front pieces after bleaching and cutting them." Niki says as she hands Ranboo hair safe bleach. I sigh and nod while the boy next to me bounces on his heels excitedly.

————————————————————————

"This is so dumb. I will murder you if you mess it up, by the way." I tell Ranboo. He waves it off and clicks the scissors making me scrunch up my nose and rethink my life choices. Why am I letting him do this again? He turns my desk chair to face me and locks it in place before concentrating on pulling the other hair back. Oh my God. Oh my-

Snip

I snap my eyes shut as Ranboo chuckles at my reaction and continues to cut my hair. After a couple seconds of silence I open my eyes.

"Did you cut my whole head?" I whisper, almost scared to talk louder. He laughs and puts on the gloves making my eyes widen.

——————————————————————

"I'm scared to open my eyes." I mumble.

"Oh come on. Your hair's all dry from the shower, it's cut, and beautifully dyed. Your just giving me more anxiety." I open one eye first and then both, jaw dropping at my reflection. Ok since when did Mr. Memory Boy get good at hair? My bouncy brunette waves have purple undertones and curtain bangs that are also dyed purple.

"What? Did I mess it up? Niki can fix it, I'm so sor-" Ranboo begins to ramble.

"Holy shit! This is awesome! Thank you!" I bounce on my heels and he grins.

"I'm so good doing hair." He flips his nonexistent long hair making me laugh and run my hands through my new hair.

"We should go commit arson now." I tell Ranboo, pulling a belt through my shorts and grabbing sneakers.

"Ok, maybe you're not related to your family but you sure do act like them." I roll my eyes.

"I'm just kidding, it's around four now, right?" He nods, glancing to the clock behind me as I switch onto my next foot to tie that shoe.

"Let's go sneak into somewhere." I stand up straight and Ranboo opens his mouth but doesn't say anything. "Oh come on, we could try to go into the egg room. I wanna see what all the fuss is about. Then we can commit arson." He closes his mouth.

"You know what? Sure. I've learned enough to not mess with the SBI family." I scoff.

"Don't you dare call us that."

"Sorry." I've never heard Ranboo apologize as quick as he did then.