Rain

Your Sister Was Right - Wilbur

After a couple days in Logstedshire, Tommy's been getting worse and Ghostbur isn't here as often. Dream visits every day and makes Tommy give him his armor. I watch from my tent as Dream pats Tommy's back. I sigh and walk up to them.

"Hey guys." I sit on the hill in between the two.

"Hi." Tommy mumbles. I side hug him and pull Dream in, hesitating slightly. the older tenses at my contact but i pretend not to notice, looking at tommy.

"Let's do something." I say, avoiding Dream's stares that burn into the side of my face.

"Like what?" Tommy asks. It starts to rain and he lets out a loud sigh. I glance to Dream and he bites his lip. He actually looks sorry, I also know he's good at acting though. I smile when I come up with an idea.

"Music." Before they can question me, I slip my shoes and socks off and throw them in Tommy's tent. I pull Dream to the field and dance around with him as the rain water splashes underneath us. He hugs me tightly while we jump around. Our laughs echo through the land when Dream takes his armor off. He pulls off his hoodie and mask showing his black t-shirt, freckles, bright green eyes, and his dirty blond hair. Tommy laughs at us and he puts in an upbeat disc before dancing with us. It's weird dancing with the person who exiled the guy right next to us but for some stupid reason, I trust him. Why can't I just let him go?

"Hey guys." Ghostbur appears behind me and I smile before running into the camp and grabbing his guitar. I run back to him and see Tommy on the ground from laughing. Dream is wheezing and is using Tommy's knees for support. I hand the guitar to Ghostbur and I smile. My breaths come out rapidly and so does the Ghost seeing as he is desperately trying to dodge the rain, that he's doing pretty good at, though, we both are grinning.

"Please?" I ask through pants.

He nods and starts to play his new song that he found in his old notebook from when he was alive. 'Your Sister Was Right' plays from him making me jump in excitement. His voice echos around the campsite and his hands float through the guitar a couple times leaving sections of the song blank, yet it sounds perfect.

Dream screams the lyrics making Tommy laugh even harder and I sing them with Ghostbur and Dream as I dance around them. After the song ends, I drop to the ground next to Tommy and let the rain droplets fall onto my face. I hear movement next to me and I see Dream is laying down beside me and Ghostbur beside Tommy (under a blanket of course). I turn to Tommy.

"Better?" He turns to me at the sound of my voice.

"For now."

We stayed like that the whole night until the rain ended, then I pointed out to them different stars and galaxies. Why do I trust people so easily?

———————————————

I woke up the next morning under a tree with no one next to me. I sat up and stretched my arms to realize that Wilbur gave me his...his old coat. I bite my lip and put it on. It wasn't Wilbur, it was Ghostbur. Ghostbur, Ghostbur, Ghostbur. Not Wilbur. I sigh and walk through the woods a bit to look at the nature. I hear yelling, probably Tommy, and I hold myself back from making a treehouse on a perfect tree. I instead, follow the sound. I roll up the coat sleeves a bit so it's not hanging over me and I tie my hair up, framing a bit of it, since it's still kinda wet. I put my hands in my pocket and walk until I see Tommy and Dream running towards the village. Weird. As I'm walking I feel something between my fingers. I pull whatever it is out and see a green makeshift bandana and a compass.

Your Tubbo

I smile and tie the bandana in my hair, shoving the compass back into my pocket, and jogging to the boys. Tommy lights a nether portal as I arrive and my eyes widen. He can go to the nether! People can visit him! He turns to me when he hears the sound and grins when he sees me but it falters when he notices my coat. I look down and notice how dirty my clothes are. I look back up and notice tears in Tommy's shirt. I smile to him and stand by Dream as he fixes his mask and steps into the portal. I grab Tommy's hand and pull him up the stairs in as-well.

"Where'd you get the coat?" Tommy asks.

"Woke up with it. Ghostbur, I'm guessing." He nods and once we transport to the fiery world, I look around. Tommy builds for me and Dream as I look down at the ocean of lava below us. Any second now and I could just fall off. I look back up and see Dream walking on the path like it's fifty blocks wide, when in reality it's a one block log path over lava deep as a a canyon.

We reach the main portal to the Dream SMP. I didn't even realize that's where Tommy was building to. We stare at it and when I look at Dream, I can tell, even under that white mask that he has a blank face. No emotion. Not like last night. I look to Tommy and see a pained face under his blank disguise.

I look back to the purple portal and take a step forward. I stand right in front of it and look back to the boys. Dream's face is still blank (or I can imagine) and Tommy looks like he just got punched. I smile and salut before stepping in, taking me to the Dream SMP.

I step from the obsidian-built portal and walk to the water silently. I bend down and look at my reflection. My face has dirt on it and I have scratches on my legs. The coat is hanging to my dirty, red knees and my hair is a mess. I try to wipe off some of the dirt on my face, only making it show my freckles. I turn back around almost expecting Tommy to come back home but I look away immediately when I realize he never will. hearing faint footsteps, I catch Tubbo looking at me and I feel myself grin but it drops when he doesn't return it. Instead he's staring at my coat.

"Tubbo!" I turn and see Quackity and Fundy running up to him. They don't seem to notice me though. I take a small step backwards and look down at Wilbur's old coat. It's worn out and dirty but it still works. I look back up and see Quackity and Fundy staring at me with unreadable expressions.

"Hey guys." I say, fidgeting with my rings.

"Hi Lia." Fundy greets in a blank face.

"Why'd you leave?" Quackity asks me quietly. My hands wander to my neck where a string necklace lays.

"No one else went with Tommy. He was one of my first friends and he stood up for me. I couldn't just let him get taken away with Dream. Not alone at least." I answer. Quackity looks to the ground and I avoid my friends' eyes.

"Why are you wearing that?" Tubbo asks as he looks at the coat. He looks up to my face for the first time and I realize the red eyes he has. I tighten my ponytail and fix the bandana as I look to the ground.

"I..um, I fell asleep so Wil-Ghostbur put it on me. I just, I just took it with me I suppose."

"Why?" Tubbo asks in a judging tone. i shift on my feet, scratching at my palms anxiously.

"I was cold. I couldn't find him either." I answer in a small voice. Quackity takes a step towards me with a small smile that I quickly catch too before...

"Lia." I turn and see Dream. He nods to the portal and I look back to my friends again, guilty.

"I don't want to keep him waiting. Bye guys." Fundy quickly hugs me that is joined by Quackity soon after.

"Don't let him do anything stupid." Fundy whispers when he pulls back. I chuckle, letting Quackity hug me tightly.

"Can't promise that." I look to Tubbo and his red eyes tell me to leave but I can't, "I love you Tubbo. So does he." I hug him tightly that he returns.

"Love you guys too." I pull back and as I'm walking to Dream, I see a grin on his face that peaks through his mask.

What I didn't know is that he saw Wilbur. Not me.

I jumped into his arms and he spins me before setting me back down. Like old times.

"Tommy thinks you left him." He whispers.

I furrow my eyebrows, "Never."