two lives

Two Birds - Regina Spektor

I wake up early to leave Techno's place. We decided to have a sleepover and catch up on things. I also told him I knew I was his little sister and that Tommy's my twin brother. He totally didn't cry. ("Now I can't make fun of you for not figuring it out before.")

"Lia! Hey!" I wave to Tommy who's talking excitedly to Dream.

"Hey guys. What's up?" I ask as I take off the coat and put my sunglasses on, the ruby crown still atop my head.

"Tommy wants to throw a party to see everyone." Dream explains.

"I miss them." Tommy shrugs. I smile and nod to them. I notice Dream staring at my crown but I just ignore him. I wonder if he knows where Techno lives. "So I was thinking a beach party. We have one, and if we clean it up a bit, it would be really nice." I smile to his enthusiasm.

"Where'd you get the crown Lia?" Dream asks.

"Oh...um." I glance to Tommy who seems bored from the conversation change. "A friend." I answer, not wanting to talk about Techno in front of Tommy.

"Mhm.." Dream hums.

Tommy claps his hands together, "Can we get started?" I look to Dream for confirmation who shrugs, telling us we can. Tommy runs to the camp to get shovels and I walk into my tent to change. After I've changed into a shirt from some band that Ranboo got me, and jeans with patches to match. I'm still wearing my converse but my hair is tied into a high ponytail. Tommy runs past me and to a spot on the beach while Dream waits for me.

"I know you went to Technoblade's." He says out of no where.

"Sorry I didn't tell you, I know how you like to know my location. I just found him though. I was exploring, didn't think I'd wander to his house." I defend.

"I just want to know for safety. It's ok. Just, tell me next time." I nod with a smile and walk in front of Dream to catch up to Tommy who's shoveling sand.

"Nice crown." He says as he tosses me a shovel.

"Why thank you." He smiles at me and continues to shovel. I start and already feel my arms aching. Ugh.

—————————————————————

"Hi!" Ghostbur greets us as he floats over. I wave and lay against the sand we've moved, Dream standing by, using the shovel as support for his drowsiness.

"Hi! We were just talking about you." Tommy greets him.

"Mhm." I nod.

"Can you send out invitations for Tommy's beach party?" Dream asks him.

"Of course! When?" Ghostbur asks.

"Well you would need to make them too." I point out.

"Yeah. Make them and deliver them. I would say by tomorrow?" Dream asks.

Tommy nods, "Yep! By tomorrow. That's when I want it to be." I watch the sunset as I lay on my stomach.

"Ok! See you then!" Ghostbur floats off to who knows where and Tommy waves goodnight before walking into his tent. Dream stares after where Ghostbur dissolved before turning to me.

"Hey Lia.. do you think you could go get some more food? I would, but Im supposed to meet up with Tubbo about something." I nod and stand up. "Try to finish by tomorrow morning." I nod again and grab my bow from my tent before silently walking through the forest looking for any sign of animal.

I hear footsteps and turn expecting to see Dream with last minute suggestions or Tommy asking where I'm going. Instead I'm met with a man in a black mask and black clothes holding a sword. I raise my bow but they are quicker and slash my side with his sword, which is netherite. He picks me up by the hair and smashes my head against a rock.

my thoughts drone off as the noises around me fade, leaving me in deathly silence until i feel my conscience slip from myself.