POVs and Flashbacks

malibu 1992 - coin

The quiet and cold morning is not one I would have particularly enjoyed if it weren't for the drowsy music in the background. I sigh as I throw my sheets off of me and let the stiff air hit my body. I pull myself out of bed and quietly get ready for the day as faint music from L'Manberg plays. The only thing even keeping me going. I hum 'Pleaser' by The Wallows as I make my morning tea. My head tilts like a puppy when I see an old hat peaking through my closet as if it got thrown in. I open the closet and watch as the unrecognizable black hat tumbles to the ground. My eyebrows furrow in a confused manner as I pick it up. Holy.

Flashback:

"Your very own L'Manberg hat, for our very own L'Manberg woman." I smile proudly as Wilbur places the black hat on my head, just for it to slightly topple over my eyes. Laughs echo around me as I peak up from the hat. It's a copy of the boys' hats.

"How do you feel?" Tubbo asks. I purse my lips for a moment, pretending to be thoughtful.

"Like I could take over this government!" I shout as I pull my sword out from my holster and laugh my way through a mini-battle with Tommy, ending with him taking my sword and holding it high above my head. Everyone laughs at the situation.

"Your short." Tommy laughs.

I glare dangerously as I jump up, "Oh come on!"

Flashback End:

Tommy's POV

"C'mon Tommy!" A deep voice wakes me up. I look around, slightly startled before remembering where I am. I let out a breath as I crawl from the handmade bed on the floor of DNRENT, my vision immediately being drawn to the polaroids on the dirt and stone wall. I smile slightly and dig in my chest for spare items, instead, finding a notebook. I scrunch my nose up at the little handwritten 'polaroids and storytimes (and quotes!)'. I stare at the notebook in my hands, trying to think of who's it is before giving up on thinking and open it up. My eyes widen immediately. Why's it with me?

Flashback:

"Hey guys. Whatcha doin'?" I ask Lia and Tubbo.

"Lia's making a scrapb-"

"Memory book, Tubbo." Lia cuts the brunette off. Tubbo shrugs and Lia holds the black notebook up.

"I'm holding out flowers for bees-"

"Memory book?" I ask, slightly cutting off my best friend and sitting down in front of my other best friend (Lia (I know, it's hard to keep track of all of my friends and best friends, I'm so popular)). Tubbo sighs and after a small pat from Lia on the knee, she hands the notebook to me.

"I'm running out of space for pictures and I don't want to lose any. So I'm putting them in here. For all of us to share. Wilbur wants to transfer his quotes from his quote book in here but I have a feeling everyone will want to add words and doodles so-"

"Where'd you get this picture?" I ask her as I hold up the book for my friends to see the picture of me and Tubbo sleeping. They laugh at my annoyed face, which I, unfortunately, can't hold because it's quickly replaced with laughter.

Flashback End:

Tubbo's POV

"Yeah, no, just-"

"Woah, I didn't know you could play. And apparently your good at painting too. You should name it a guitar."  I turn around, confused by Ranboo's words until I see what he's pointing at. My mood drops at the sight of my ukulele. Little bees and flowers are painted on the corners of it with green vines running up the sides of the fretboard.

Ranboo seems to catch onto my bad mood because he stutters out his next words, "O-Oh I'm sorry, I-I didn't realize it was l-like bad or-"

"No, it's ok." I mumble as I pick it off of my rack on the wall. I flip it over to see the familiar favorite songs of old L'Manberg.

Viva La Vida- Tomathy

Oh Ana- Sir Wilbur

Prom Dress- Niki <3

Sweater Weather- Fundy :)

Yellow- Tubs

Over The Rainbow- Lia!

"Awe." Ranboo mutters as he leans over my shoulder. I roll my eyes at him but keep my head down to the drawn on wood.

"It's honestly fine. Things change." I shrug as I lie through my teeth, and put it back away.

"It's ok to be sad Tubbo."

Flashback:

"It's ok to be sad Tubbo. Here. Play with me?" Lia asks comfortingly. I sigh and take my ukulele from her outstretched hand as she grabs her own. "Gather round, gather round, the Uke Brits will now be-" I slap my hand over her mouth in an attempt to not gather a crowd. She laughs into my hand, making me do the same when I pull it away from her face.

"Your so loud." I laugh quietly. She returns it before strumming the beginning to 'Over The Rainbow', her favorite song to play. I do the same with my own notes to blend the music. She smiles as she looks down at her instrument before humming the "ooh"'s as I sing it. She begins to sing after I gesture for her to start. She swings her legs over the top of the caravan and swings them gently while I do the backups. Big Q and Tommy climb up the ladder to the caravan and I look around, realizing a small crowd has formed. Lia smirks to me while she sings making me roll my eyes.

------------------—————————————————

I bow with Lia jokingly as people clap. Turns out Lia did attract a small crowd in the beginning and it only grew when we started to sing and play. We laugh as Big Q puts a rose in his mouth and wriggles his eyebrows to Lia.

Flashback End: