Ooh secret lair ooh

I Dont Wanna Dance - COIN

"You guys have to promise not to tell anyone. The only other person who knows about this place is Jack, and that's only because he lives here." Tubbo tells me and Tommy at the back of the potato farm. I smile warmly and nod while Tommy bounces on his heels in excitement. Tubbo pulls out his pickaxe and mines the stone wall before letting us in. A path led by a staircase take us down to a medium sized room with squares falling farther down. In the middle is a trapdoor and from what I can see through, a ladder. I hum in approval and walk over to the armor stands where diamond and netherite armor hang down.

"Woah! This is amazing Tubbo!" Tommy compliments. Tubbo smiles and opens the trapdoor for Tommy to climb down before he does. Once they are down, I follow after, still looking at the small details Tubbo put into work.

"I only have one chest filled with things at the moment, but now that I have something to use this place for, I'll get stuff for Wednesday." Tubbo tells us. I nod and watch as Tommy opens a chest that holds enchanted books. I gasp at the amount and Tommy's eyes widen.

"Oh my god! This is awesome Tubbo!" I say as I pick up a mending book.

"Thank you!" Tubbo exclaims happily. I nod in confirmation and gently place the book down before  looking to Tommy for his thoughts.

"Why did you fill up a chest with like 30 mending books instead of getting different books?" Tommy asks. I chew my lip in attempt of not yelling at Tommy. I swear to God he is the rudest person I've ever met.

"What the fuck?" I ask in a monotone voice. Tommy stays quiet for a second longer before understanding and stuttering out words.

"No, no, no. No- that that is good. This is this is good. Good job Tubbo! Good job." Tommy smiles awkwardly to his friend who just smiles lightly in return.

————————————————————————-

I glance to Ranboo who's breaking down the netherack before looking back to my gleaming netherite pickaxe. This has been going on for a while now, Ranboo digging tunnels for me and him to try to find netherite in for Tommy and Tubbo in complete silence except for the sounds of the nether. I sigh and go through all my thoughts.

Talk to him
He's your best friend
Talk to Ranboo
Ask what's been going on
Talk

Fucking voices.

"Hey Ranboo?" I start quietly. He hums in acknowledgment of me and I take a breath before talking again. "What's been going on? A-are you ok? You left kind of fast after the blowing up of L'Manberg, with Techno and Phil actually... and well I uh saw you with..." I glance up to him and he chews on his bottom lip. "I saw you with one of the discs. I don't know which one but..." I sigh again, "Ranboo please tell me what's been happening." I finish. My friend slowly turns to me.

"I'm so sorry Lia. It's- it's the voice. He, they, I don't know it's just been stressing me out and it's saying it's me and that I blew up the community house and that I did all these bad things with Dream and that." He rambled with teary eyes. "I'm so sorry. I don't think I could have. I- I couldn't. I- I didn't." I open my mouth to respond but end up just staring at him in shock while tears run down his face. Without saying anything, I just hug him, the best and most comforting I can give while trying my best to sort through words to pick out the best ones. I try to wipe his tears off but more stream down his face from the pain of water.

"The voices? Like my family and Tubbo have?" I ask quietly while Ranboo squeezes my waist tightly, nuzzling his face into my chest. He mumbles things and I nod even though I have no idea what he's saying as we slowly sink to the floor in the hug.

"You're good Ranboo. You wouldn't do these things. I know you wouldn't." I comfort, feeling tears prick my eyes. My nose and eyes burn as the slow hot tears escape from my eyes. I was never good with comforting people, I never thought so at least. Ranboo was my support through a lot, and when we got in fights it only lasted a couple days at the most. He never broke, even though his stress and anxiety got bad sometimes. So, him breaking down in front of me about him maybe being the bad guy was the most heartbreaking thing that could have happened.

"But.. but the sides Lia! My sides." He whispers the last part as he grips my waist for support on the ground. I look up, trying to hold back more tears.

"Ranboo. None of you would do that. I know that for a fact. Someone is trying to trick you they-" I cut myself off and stare at the wall in front of me in disbelief. My best friend? To my best friend? "Was it Dream's voice?" I ask quietly. He nods into my chest and I feel my eyes brim with tears again. Fuck.

————————————————————————-

"Do you know what's been going on with the egg?" Jack asks me. I look at the red vines that have been spreading since Tommy's exile before looking back to the wooden path in front of us.

"No, not really. Dream tried to keep me from it for some reason. All I know is that Bad and Ant worship it and that it's been spreading. I'm not supposed to talk to them or stay put near the egg." I answer him honestly.

"Why not?" Jack asks. I shrug.

"Dream said it was unsafe. Why? Was he lying?" I ask.

He shrugs this time, "Not sure. Judging by the signs and the way they've been asking though, I wouldn't doubt Dream's words." I nod and look up to a poster as we pass it.

ANSWER ITS CALLS

JOIN THE EGGPIRE